Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Nominet named .gov.uk registry operator

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
Guardians of .UK to operate critical domains

29/11/2023 – Oxford, UK – Nominet, the guardian of the .UK domain since 1996, has been named as the new registry for .gov.uk following a competitive tender on the government’s NS3 framework.

The contract means Nominet will support registrars and the Central Digital and Data Office (CDDO) with their plans to modernise .gov.uk.

The agreement is a natural extension of the role Nominet already plays behind the scenes signposting the DNS for .gov.uk alongside related second level domains such as .nhs.uk, .mod.uk and .police.uk.

Eleanor Bradley, Managing Director of Registry and Social Impact, Nominet, commented:

“We’re incredibly proud of this new partnership – supporting these critical domains aligns closely with our mission to be a world-class registry and public benefit company.”

Nominet will take on the operation of .gov.uk early next year.

The post Nominet named .gov.uk registry operator appeared first on Nominet.

Continue reading...

Agree. One would naturally think that .gov.uk and .ac.uk are just another extension of Nominet, like .co.uk or .org.uk
But these are in fact independently managed.

@Whois-Search kindly navigated me through the convoluted process of registering a .gov.uk when I built a website for my local Parish Council. Hopefully Nominet can streamline.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom