Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Noob hosting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK, so if I have a .com that I want to get ranked globally (searches come from all over the world) but my primary target is UK (maybe 25% of searches come from the UK). Should I go for US hosting to help rank internationally or UK hosting and work around that?

I'm thinking go UK but what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

M

dont believe the actual host country itself has an impact on search rankings

I have a .com hosted in the US and it actually ranks better in Google.co.uk than in Google.com. It will depend on how the market translates internationally and how competitive it is.

.com is a strong extension and that will be the main factor here, so no, I don't think it matters in your case.

It's actually a .net - but if I get it (waiting to find out if I've caught it) it's a very nice one.

I firmly believe (in my experience it is the case) that the server location does effect SERPS.

I've just never had a site with a search demographic like this one.

Personally, I think that because you're targeting an international/global market, there's no point in specifically choosing UK hosting. If you're starting off in the UK and then looking to develop globally in a year or two, that's a bit different.

Remember that there are people in the UK using google.com with a location string which adds in another factor.

If you already have hosting with a UK host that you're happy with then fair enough. If not, you might as well save some money and go for US. If server location is really having that big of an impact on other sites you have then you might want to look at what you can change to optimise it further. There are so many other factors involved in terms of speed, uptime etc. for servers that it could be any/all of those having a significant impact on your rankings beyond location. If your SEO is good enough location shouldn't be holding you back.

Good luck with your catch :)

If you want to target UK visitors, you don't need to get a UK hosting to get that. It's all about your content and the keyword research that you will do to get a very targeted audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom