Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Official press release: Helmuts Meskonis Acquires DNforum.com

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Helmuts Meskonis Acquires DNforum.com, Boosting London Domain Summit's Mission to Connect Domain Name Industry

London, UK, April 27, 2023 - Helmuts Meskonis, entrepreneur and organizer of the London Domain Summit, has announced the acquisition of DNforum.com, one of the oldest and largest global domain name investor forums. The owner company is Helmuts Limited, and the company to operate DN Forum is No Stress Ltd (UK), which also operates the global hosting brand HostMaria and the #1 UK domain investor forum AcornDomains.co.uk

The main mission of this acquisition is to guarantee the success of the annual b2b convention London Domain Summit for the global and European domain name industry. London Domain Summit. This year's London Domain Summit will take place later this August 22-23 at Hilton London Metropole.

DN Forum was established in 2001 by Dan Gessler and has over 550,000 registered users, over 526,000 threads, and almost 2,000,000 messages. Then a domain name investor Greg Ricks purchased the forum from Gessler about a year later, and later Adam Dicker acquired it from Ricks. In 2015 Adam Dicker ran into financial difficulties and sold DN Forum. This year Epic sold DN Forum to a well-known British domain name investor Ryan De Corsie Ewen in 2023 before being acquired by Helmuts Meskonis.

The acquisition aligns well with London Domain Summit's mission to connect the domain name industry and create more business opportunities for everyone in it.

Commenting on the acquisition, Helmuts said: "I was surprised receiving the offer to acquire DN Forum and simply couldn't pass this offer. The rest was just to agree on the price. I cannot disclose the price, apart from that it was in GBP and 5 digits. I am grateful to Ryan that he came to me first with this amazing opportunity, and also gave me a great price for it. Simply unbelievable! I want to emphasize that as the new owner, I have no intention of selling DN Forum as this acquisition serves a higher purpose. We will be working on strategic partnerships and the first partnership has already been signed with the London-based Intis Telecom specifically the fast-growing domain zone it.com."

Helmuts Meskonis
No Stress Ltd (UK)
[email protected]
+44 7494 142 055

Here is the link to the press release at the DN Forum: https://www.dnforum.com/threads/off...ssion-to-connect-domain-name-industry.606258/

The announcement was made yesterday evening on HostMaria's live stream:

The main admin at DNForum will be @Admin (our Felix).

Congrats @Helmuts , any plans to merge or link the forums?

Thank you. There are no plans for the revolution :)

Not touching Acorn Domains - it is perfect! And now, has a powerful ally.

Business as usual!

Congrats. I was an admin there for a while. :) Hope you can restore it to its former glory.

Thank you. Former glory was 80million visitors/month (if ICANNs wiki isn't lying)) ;) some task for the @Admin ;)

That's an interesting statement, as it stands acorn is an advertising board for domain auctions for 95% of the posts for 50 odd people, and maybe another 100 or so looking at them adverts.

I'd argue it's not perfect by any stretch, it may be perfect from an advertising point of view for your other projects, but if that's the only goal surely it would of been easier to just pay for advertising on the forum.

I love forums, have been a part of acorn for a long time and created/owned/sold many forums in my web career, I'm interested if there are any plans to improve the forum, and if there are really ways in this day and age to do so.

Good morning Aaron,

I believe many domain investors use Acorn to buy and sell domains, so this content must be highly relevant as well ;) isn't it?

In my eyes, Acorn Domains are perfect. Though, I'm not a perfectionist > @Admin is ;)

It sounds like you have great experience and should have some amazing stories > would you like to be a guest on one of my Domain Talk livestreams? .. I do these as enjoy talking to domain investors, and, of course, can promote London Summit a little as well :) How does this sound? .. if you feel fine going on camera (there are researches that claim that public appearance is one of the top fears in the world).

Best wishes!
Helmuts

Whilst I appreciate the kind offer, as i said in the other thread it would make sense to get some people involved within the UK namespace that have meaningful and insightful insight, and not to down play myself across the board (as I have other interests and skill sets) but the UK name space is no longer my main focus or interest, had you asked me 8 years ago maybe that would of been different, it's just a hobby for me nowadays.

I don't think IMO I'll bring any value to the promotion of the uk namespace, most likely the opposite ;).

A humble attitude always signals respect to the industry a person talks about :)

Your profile stats say that you definitely know what you do :)

Best wishes!
Helmuts

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom