Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

On Sunday 23 April 2023 at 3pm, there will be a national test of the UK Emergency Alerts service

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
just received a message of this one: https://www.gov.uk/alerts

.. in a case you've missed it

6fMY19J.png

Can they send me one when I catch a domain worth catching, whenever that'll be :)

No idea what's occuring at 15:52:17 on Sunday, I don't look at drops until the evening before drop day, might have to look at them early now.

No idea what's occuring at 15:52:17 on Sunday, I don't look at drops until the evening before drop day, might have to look at them early now.

You'll be in for a nice surprise then, if it drops and somebody has put a DRS in last minute.

You know what, I thought about this the other day. Won't this just be loud as fuck everywhere we go? Imagine shopping in Tesco, all of a sudden 2000 phones start blaring out this crazy alert? Surely it's going to be loud haha

Hopefully 15:52:17 on Sunday :cool:

I see the domain now, a killer name but I have zero chance of catching that or anything else of that quality, or less lol.

I though I'd loaded more domains this month, but on checking logs, it's 73, out of those I've caught 1, and that was my own .me.uk name I dropped and re-caught, wasn't planning to but saw it had a €50 bid so stuck it in, should have left it to drop really.

So are they gearing up for a nuclear strike warning? Why the sudden practice?
Any warning of an impending nuclear strike will be too late. We’d get maybe 2 minutes. I’d rather not spend those two mins reading a message.

There is unlikely to be a nuclear escalation, but if there is, the world is over anyway.

It’s much more likely that we would be hit with a barrage of non-nuclear ICBM’s, even still, with hypersonic tech now, we would barely have time to react.

Can they send me one when I catch a domain worth catching
Integrate something like Slack, it's dead easy
Hopefully 15:52:17 on Sunday
Grabs popcorn...
So are they gearing up for a nuclear strike warning?
The UK is veeeery late to implement this system which has been a GSM spec since the Nokia 3310 days. In the US this exact system is also used for "amber alerts" of missing people and can be geo targeted
Any warning of an impending nuclear strike will be too late. We’d get maybe 2 minutes.
More like 10-20 minutes, I think. Depends where it would be coming from, hence why Russia is building a missile base in Belarus now – express delivery.
I’d rather not spend those two mins reading a message.
Can be in interesting experience

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom