Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

onlineclaims

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by woopwoop, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

Woke up within minutes of this one ending and me grabbing it on a sedo auction. Should I have stayed in bed?

OnlineClaims
    /co/uk

Can anyone recommend a white label solution for all injury lawyer and/or insurance affiliates?

2. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

What did it cost mate?

I saw it go for £150'ish about 6-12 months ago on sedo.

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I don't like the keyword tool search results for it, none last month at all for "online claims", but if you SEO it up for different terms...

4. woopwoop United States

I got it for £110.

I spotted it last night at £100 with a single bid (probably an offer that sent it to auction). But I set and then slept through my alarm but logged on with a minute to go.

I guess the thing that made me buy it was the Google keyword tool which I know is very inaccurate at times. Here are the figures I pulled off it yesterday:

CPC: $8.56 (at different times that I've checked I've seen this be $5.50-10.50 in the last 24 hours)

Approx, avg search: 170 (exact) 6,600 (broad) although previous months not enough data. I know that this is all making the tool seem innacurate.

But the CPC seemed pretty good and also there seemed to be between 4 and 8 ads shown along the google search results for the term 'online claims' which made me think I could get it ranked and have reasonable advertiser competition.

So I'm gonna give it ago and try and find some thing white label or just put some content, affiliate ads and adsense and see how it goes...

What do you think of the stats and price?

5. GreyWing

Mate I would have took it at £150 from sedo the first time but sedo didn't authorise my account to bid in time.

I rate it, I like it and would have given you that for it.

Although we may be in a minority, not sure.

6. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I think it's really brandable.

7. woopwoop United States

Thanks all so far.

GW I might come knocking on your door in a few months. A similar thing happened to me at afternic, they didn't activate my account and I thought I was all ready to snipe in the last few minutes. I had my eye on a name and contacted them to tell them that I think they might need to approve my account or something days before. They ignored my email at first so I thought I was ready to snipe. They only activated the name 2 days after the auction and the name went for 1/3 of what I would have paid.

I hope that the keyword tool is right with the CPC - from what I've read that indicator should pay around 50% to the publisher, have you heard that too?

I am fed up of making $0.01-0.50. Show me the big money... lol

Just found a nice theme for Joomla and this is my first time with Joomla too (installing it all now) maybe in a day or two I can start earning the price of the domain back.

A similar name I got a while ago is ratesearch /co/uk (was thinking for mortgage quotes, savings rates, even maybe hotels and car rental comparison sites) just need to find decent affiliate schemes or a white label solution... or try and code the comparison bit myself.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  8. GreyWing

One tip with joomla, don't give up!

You have your moments where nothing makes sense, just stick with it. It's cracking piece of kit when you get used to it.

Aim it at everything not just personal injuries, online money claims, claim your free bus pass!

loads of sutff to claim, so might be an idea ifyou don't just have to stick to the obvious.

All the best
    GW

9. woopwoop United States

Thanks GW, really appreciate it and hadn't thought about your suggestions too. Some great ideas.

10. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

if you have a problem with joomla greywing is your man,he has got me out of a pickle with it on a few occasions,and no greame i still cant bloody understand it.:twisted:

mark

11. GreyWing

I put it down twice mate and left it for months. Unfortunately a lot of people tried Joomla on the 1.0 version. If they tried this version it would have put them off as some bugs in there that made things look like they didn't make sense.

Joomla 1.5 is much better and a lot less buggy.

I still can't make wordpress work though, now that is beyond me and given up on that.

12. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

that is a good domain,big business i would try a quick email to claims direct or someone like that,it's worth a try...,and i wouldn't worry too much about google keyword tool,it is very brandable name and basically does what it says on the tin...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  13. woopwoop United States

I'm the opposite. Joomla seems tricky! Still gotta put a bit more time in with it, but looks like it's pretty versatile. Just gotta get my head around the modules.

Thanks deliajen. Emailing's worth a try. I'm keen to see what the CPC is and if it's close to the 40-50% of the CPC on the G tool (which is what I've read some people think it pays)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.