Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Outrageous conduct from the Nominent board and Chair

Same old rotten wood. 1st EGM sack all the board.

I maybe misunderstanding Binns in his email but is Nominet considering breaking the link between membership and discounts? Is this to encourage the future disappearance of the clutch of smaller members who are causing so much disruption to the current board's long term commercial goals??

I maybe misunderstanding Binns in his email but is Nominet considering breaking the link between membership and discounts? Is this to encourage the future disappearance of the clutch of smaller members who are causing so much disruption to the current board's long term commercial goals??

I saw this and wondered the same thing. The only discount members receive is on registrations and renewals, otherwise at present if a non member wishes to register a domain directly through Nominet they charge £80 + VAT. Surely they aren't proposing we pay this for every registration and renewal? If so then yes that is a sure fire way of getting rid of many members. I always suspected we will see repercussions of the latest activities, they will act out of spite I'm sure. I hope this isn't what they are suggesting though and that I've also misunderstood the meaning of what he's written in that email?!

I would think they'd keep the discounts but you wouldn't need to be a member to get them - just pay some arbitrary yearly fee. Then a different (higher) fee for membership but with no discount benefits. *Those* would be the voters. Nobody who just wants cheap domains (and dropcatching) would likely want to be a voting member. Their logic would be they'd only have a handful of voting members to ignore rather than thousands.

I would think they'd keep the discounts but you wouldn't need to be a member to get them - just pay some arbitrary yearly fee. Then a different (higher) fee for membership but with no discount benefits. *Those* would be the voters. Nobody who just wants cheap domains (and dropcatching) would likely want to be a voting member. Their logic would be they'd only have a handful of voting members to ignore rather than thousands.

Yes that makes sense and I reached that conclusion after I made my post earlier this morning pre coffee!

Don’t give them any ideas, Rob. They’re not smart enough to figure that out on their own.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom