Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Paid twitter posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience paying users on Twitter to post Tweets?

How did it go?

Not so much paid, well kind of

Gave a girl from The Only Way Is Essex a dress

She tweeted about it to her 150-200k followers or whatever she had at the time

Sent about 2000 people straight to the site, no one bought anything though, but they were £100 odd dresses so would be an expensive impulse buy.

Found out also that if the RT you instead of tweeting themselves doesn't send barely anyone in comparison.

I suppose it's also prudent to check that the person tweeting has legitimate followers, not just 100k bought for $10 .

Thanks for the input Murray.

Out of interest, which TOWIE one was it? One of them is charging $50 for a Tweet - tempted to give it a go and see how it goes..

Cheers

Thanks for the input Murray.

Out of interest, which TOWIE one was it? One of them is charging $50 for a Tweet - tempted to give it a go and see how it goes..

Cheers

It was either Chloe Sims or Lauren Pope

Gave them both dresses at different times, both tweeted about it, similar numbers I think, don't have access to the analytics anymore to check.

Similar experiences to Murry here, generally worked out well and may well have got the name out a little more than expected but generally on first glance not many converts, got a decent amount of followers and retweets though.

If its someone with genuine followers and can be an influence in your niche then its worth a couple of notes to give it a try.

Might give it a go, I have dropped their management an email to see what they say.

Have you ever used this site:

www.paidpertweet.com ?

Never seen it before but to be honest i wouldnt use a service that promoted that kind of thing and here is why.

1. People are physically listing them selves on the site which means they are fully aware that large amounts of followers could earn them a couple of quid, likely outcome is huge amount of crappy accounts.

2. Using any kind of platform over scouting out and soliciting contact directly could leave any kind of footprint ( not saying that one does but it could )

3. Id try and stay away from any account which advertises the fact they sell tweets or retweets.

We've never paid for tweets (as far as I can remember), but we've had a lot of tweets from "celebs" and large Twitter accounts. I thought these tweets were the best thing since sliced bread initially, but I've now realised the benefit to my business is practically nil - save for a few sales, and some extra followers.

While most of the tweets resulted in large amounts of traffic, the sales were nothing to write home about. The tweets we receive tend to form part of larger collaborations, so they're not something we overtly ask for - but a plug is a plug, and I'm not going to complain. If I had to pay extra for the tweets, I wouldn't bother.

It's worth noting that the people who've tweeted about us are about as targeted as you'll get for the niche that we cater for. The fact those tweets have been a damp squib leads me to believe it's probably not worth bothering with. If you're Lord Sugar plugging your companies through your own Twitter account every day, then you'll probably do OK. If you're paying someone else to tweet about you once or twice, you may as well not bother. It's good for the ego, crap for the wallet.

I certainly wouldn't bother going down the route of paying for tweets, there are far better ways to blow an advertising budget.

If you're Lord Sugar plugging your companies through your own Twitter account every day, then you'll probably do OK

A Site i own had Retweets from Lord Sugar and that was nothing special, infact it was incredibly disappointing but still a nice retweet all the same.

I tried a tweet service a while back with no good result, I think that you need to make sure that the receivers of the tweet have some interest in your service and therefore to check the audience of the twitter account before posting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom