Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Paypal Donate Button? anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone has any success from adding a paypal donate button to their site?

I've got a pizza recipe site which gets a lot of hits but makes very little.

I've added a donate 50p button to a few of the recipe pages to see if anyone likes the recipe enough to click and donate.

I'm not really expecting anything, but perhaps I'll get a couple per week.

Any one had any success with donation buttons?

P

I've added a donate 50p button to a few of the recipe pages to see if anyone likes the recipe enough to click and donate.

P

can't comment on a donate button but how many visitors pd does your site get? even if it's only 200 or so a day you should be able to optimise the site to capitalise on the advertising opportunity.

Can't remember the site name is it yours where you can build your own pizza?

Yes it's homemadepizza.co.uk

It get around 110 uniques per day but the advertisers on google ads pay very little per click, which is understandable for pizza I suppose.

How are the Amazon ads performing, getting click throughs and sales?
It's a good looking home page / site so there's got to be potential ...

P
There is a PayPal Donate button on the AD homepage button no-one can ever find it! ;)

Admin

I jointly run a security forum and have a donate button, the amount you donate is shows as your usergroup and you are awarded different numbers/types of medals per £10 donated. Works well, as its a forum without any paid membership so users are encouraged to donate

Monetising can be pretty hard, but donations aren't the way to go with a minisite, there is no loyalty (like with a forum).
Just thinking out loud here, but your audience is probably house wives who enjoy cookery?

At the bottom of each recipe, put something like "This recipe was inspired by RECIPEBOOKLINK which contains hundreds of delicious recipe's for all sorts of dishes."

Change your writing if you can, write like delia smith, blog about cooking, I dont know! Just housewives are HUGE spenders so monetise them!

I know they go slightly against the grain of a homemade pizza site, but both Dominos and Just-Eat have affiliate programs on AW!

admin said:
There is a PayPal Donate button on the AD homepage button no-one can ever find it! ;)

Admin

I found it... And used it!

Support your local business!

Monetising can be pretty hard, but donations aren't the way to go with a minisite, there is no loyalty (like with a forum).
Just thinking out loud here, but your audience is probably house wives who enjoy cookery?

At the bottom of each recipe, put something like "This recipe was inspired by RECIPEBOOKLINK which contains hundreds of delicious recipe's for all sorts of dishes."

Change your writing if you can, write like delia smith, blog about cooking, I dont know! Just housewives are HUGE spenders so monetise them!

Not sure I agree with this, cooking, cookery and especially food such as pizza are not really a housewife thing imo.

I'd say more like working parents and/or young professionals, pizza is trendy, fast and easy.

I'd have something like pizza boards and cutters for sale after each post or even speciality ingredients. I'm also thinking out loud though :)

Add customised books to recipies that match. People looking for hand made pizza are likely to be interested in books about making dough, bread, etc so add them manually :)

Not sure I agree with this, cooking, cookery and especially food such as pizza are not really a housewife thing imo.

I'd say more like working parents and/or young professionals, pizza is trendy, fast and easy.

I'd have something like pizza boards and cutters for sale after each post or even speciality ingredients. I'm also thinking out loud though :)

House wife's / Mums definitely make pizza at home, I don't know how you can disagree with it :)

Wealthier families are more likely to do this, to less wealthy and or younger families it is cheaper / more time efficient to buy from supermarket

I stick by my line on selling the recipe books :)

I agree with Ashton, when you think about the process involve in donating, its a bit long when come across a site by chance.

I think Afl, adsense and amz is the way to go, getting a quick sale here and there.

I have a recipe site as well and I use just adsense - doesn't make much though:(

Also, if you cant make sales of the cooking products, just get them clicking the amazon links, lots of people shop at amazon regularly and it looks like your audience is no exception. Don't feel bad about sales entirely unrelated to you. Your keeping amazon's image, recognition and brand in the customers minds.

House wife's / Mums definitely make pizza at home, I don't know how you can disagree with it :)

Wealthier families are more likely to do this, to less wealthy and or younger families it is cheaper / more time efficient to buy from supermarket

I stick by my line on selling the recipe books :)

Still think you're wrong even if you did change it from house wife's to house wifes / mums, the target market for home made pizza isn't wealthy house wife's :)

Lets agree to disagree but I'm right :rolleyes:

Anyway you're missing a trick with the site, where is the email capture form to sign up for new and exciting recipies by email?

Could be valuable to make a list for future products, special offers from amazon and so on.

Anyway you're missing a trick with the site, where is the email capture form to sign up for new and exciting recipies by email?

Could be valuable to make a list for future products, special offers from amazon and so on.

I'm not sure very slim margins would warrant the work involved setting it up tbh.

Unless there's a very easy to do it.

If I were selling high value items it would be great tho.

Haha ok agree to disagree, but im right! Typically housewives are mums so I didn't really add anything, just clarified my position.

Just wondering pbryd, what items did sell through amazon if they weren't pizza bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom