Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PCI DSS compliant hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Stripe not offer the option of 3D Secure? Would rule out a lot of merchants like myself if not.

Stripe does look super slick, no denying that. Will shoot them an email and see if they can offer better rates!

braintreepayments.com - does look good and enticing with the no fee for first 30k but after that it doesn't seem such great rates either.
2.4% + £.20 per transaction, £20 per chargeback
Compared to sage: 1.9% Credit Cards, 0.59% Debit Cards.

No it doesn't.

Do you take high value transactions, or are you in a high risk business?

Not especially high risk, but chargebacks can occur from any sector of business when selling physical products. Personally I wouldn't use a payment system that doesn't at least offer the additional coverage of 3D Secure, even if protection is fairly limited depending on all conditions being met.

Not especially high risk, but chargebacks can occur from any sector of business when selling physical products. Personally I wouldn't use a payment system that doesn't at least offer the additional coverage of 3D Secure, even if protection is fairly limited depending on all conditions being met.

Agreed, chargebacks occur. Have you split tested without 3D Secure to see the effect on conversion, if any? I've used 3D secure before when it made little or no difference to conversion. On another site it hammered the conversion rate, and we were far better off accepting the occasional chargeback. It all depends upon the cost to you of a chargeback of course.

Agreed, chargebacks occur. Have you split tested without 3D Secure to see the effect on conversion, if any? I've used 3D secure before when it made little or no difference to conversion. On another site it hammered the conversion rate, and we were far better off accepting the occasional chargeback. It all depends upon the cost to you of a chargeback of course.

Some of the items are expensive, so can't take that risk, but initial conversation dropped when 3D secure was introduced, but these days, it doesn't make much difference, though I would admit that I'm not a fan of it still, and I expect better options are no doubt available. What I do allow on my system is a rulebase that allows a failed 3D secure check providing certain other details match, but then I do further manual security checks just to be sure. I deal a lot with foreign cards from Europe, and their systems vary, so there has to be an element of flexibility. If I'm in doubt, there is an excellent way of verifying the payment with the customer that doesn't include proof of address etc - most customers are comfortable with it, only a few get cagey and cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom