Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PDF/Ebook Security Software Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by EnglishTeacher, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnglishTeacher

EnglishTeacher Active Member

Interested for PDF/ebook security software recommendations for my website: www.onlineenglishteacher.com - features like: external disallow permission to discontinue using the PDF / cannot copy / lock to one computer etc. - had bought Ebook Generator a few years ago, but does not open properly on all Windows computers or Macs probably - looking for cheapest+sufficiently effective, preferably one-off payment, rather than monthly payments - thank you.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Aegean Greece

Aegean Active Member

4. EnglishTeacher

5. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

There all so easy to unlock with either online unlockers or downloadable that there pretty much ineffective personally wouldn’t pay for any of them?

6. EnglishTeacher

Re: Easy To Hack

You are probably right that the text might be very easy to simply "touch-type" - actually in some free ebooks, I will make the text a graphic, so that at least it cannot be copy and pasted: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.com/Ebooks/Free-Downloads/download.php?name=10-IELTS-Tips.pdf" - also one of my students recommended Amazon and their Kindle software: "http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account/mm-summary-page.html?topic=200260520" - I will take a look later and also asked my marketing assistant to research it a bit.

7. Aegean Greece

Aegean Active Member

That's not always true, although I realise it often is. The other thing is that in reality, most folk don't know how to do that.

8. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

It’s not the ones that don’t know that tend to be the problem?

If you must try images as text, seeding, uniqueness of word combinations also word, letter, paragraph punctuation etc every x of spaces either entering something specific spell a word etc ditto chapter naming can make it easier to trace referencing yourself site etc so you might still get some credit or £ for your efforts also seen exclusive fonts on PDF’ so substitution when in conjunction with image text can make document unreadable there is and endless list none that I know of on the market work sufficiently to warrant any extra expense probably the better one is a bs

“All documents are digitally recorded and encoded for the purpose of unauthorized copying and distribution identification”

If they don’t know how easy it is to unlock things they may believe that BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.