Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Phishing Email highlight Of The Week

Discussion in 'General Board' started by stevef1fan, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevef1fan United Kingdom

stevef1fan Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I awoke to find this craftily penned ruse sitting in my inbox.

I'd love to take them up on their generous offer but I'm not sure all that money would fit in my bank account.

I wonder if they could send it in a couple of blacked-out wheelbarrows :D

To think people fall for this ....

FOREIGN REMITTANCE MANAGER
    BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
    OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO
    PHONE NUMBER +22674122225

Dear Friend,

I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we never meet before. I am the FOREIGN REMITTANCE MANAGER of B.O.A Bank of Africa, I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families.

I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of ($18.4M) Eighteen Million Four Hundred Thousand United States Dollars immediately to your account. The money has been dormant (in-active) for Nine years in our Bank here without any body coming for it.

I want the Bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer MR. RICHARD BURSON FROM USA the owner of the account who died a long with his supposed next of kin in plane crash since 2000. I don't want the money to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund, so this is the reason why I contacted you, so that my Bank will release the money to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer.

Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested.

Upon receipt of your reply I will send you full details on how the business will be executed and also note that you will have 40% of the above mentioned amount if you agree to help me execute this business.

Thanks and waiting for your urgent response.

Best Regards
    Mr. Tertius Omar

2. expertc

expertc Well-Known Member

You just made me check my spam folder. :eek: What a cheapo offer you got there in your spam. ;) Have a look at this:

Att :Sir/Madam.

Compliments to you,

This mail might come to you as a surprise and the temptation to ignore it as unserious could come in to your mind; but please consider it a divine wish and accept it with a deep sense of humility.

I am Mr Paul T Dixon,Investment and financial/consultant working with a Bank here in United Kingdom.The Bank want to transfer the sum of 150,000,000 (One Hundred And fifty Million British Pounds)for investment and development in your country.As at this moment i want to know if you will be capable to handle this transaction so that,I can explore business opportunity together with you.I had discussed this issue with the Bank board of directors and they have instructed me to look for a foreigner who will be capable to handle this transaction so that we can transfer this money out from Uk for investment in your country.

Let me hear from you if you are interested,reply .

Thank you for your time and attention.

Warmest regards,
    Mr Paul T Dixon
    Investment/Financial/Consultant.

3. stevef1fan United Kingdom

LOL ! You just couldn't make this stuff up :rolleyes:

:idea: Here's a thought - Perhaps we should send an email to Mr. Tertius Omar from Mr. Paul T Dixon !

I can hear the phone call now -

- All we need, Mr. Paul, is da bank account details for tranfer of da monies !
    Mr. Paul ? Bank account details ? Mr. Paul ?

- Ah Yes, Mr. Omar, but first we have our sizeable offering to consider. If you can just give me those details again the money is on it's way...

It's so reassuring knowing there are such generous people in the world :D

My offering had made it past the razor-wire security of my spam filter - good job I'd had my morning cuppa or that would have been me, hook, line and sinker !....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  4. expertc

expertc Well-Known Member

Yep, what about charging them an "introduction fee"? :D

But ... please consider it a divine wish and accept it with a deep sense of humility... priceless

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

6. stevef1fan United Kingdom

Scambaiting - Love it ! It sounds like something to do at the end of the pier on a very dark night :)

I wonder how often people actually fall for this nonsense. I suppose it preys upon the poor and desperate.

They must be pretty nasty people in my book.

7. blether United Kingdom

blether Active Member

I've received a couple from the World Bank today, and the sender had the same surname as me - what are the chances?!

Some good baiting here: http://www.419baiter.com/games.html

8. stevef1fan United Kingdom

The same surname.....

You wouldn't happen to be a Mr. Tertius Omar by any chance ? :lol:

Some interesting reading in that link. You know when you get an email beginning 'Princess Naomi Kamara of Port Harcourt, Nigeria' one of you will need deep pockets, and the chances are it ain't her :)

9. blether United Kingdom

blether Active Member

No, that's my brother! He works in finance in Lagos. :)

10. stevef1fan United Kingdom

11. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

LOL - I've got all his vids from iTunes - cracker :D

12. blether United Kingdom

blether Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.