Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PHP Sockets Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just rewriting a couple of my PHP scripts and am trying to make use of 'socket_set_option($socket, IPPROTO_TCP,TCP_NODELAY,1)' (set just before socket_create()) for packet management. I'm not the greatest programmer in the world so does anyone have any idea why it doesn't seem to work and why I'm getting these messages:

PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant IPPROTO_TCP - assumed 'IPPROTO_TCP'
PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant TCP_NODELAY - assumed 'TCP_NODELAY'

With the very few examples that I have found, there seems to be nothing wrong with my use of socket_set_option so I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about it?

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks Dave but I'm on 5.3.2. I've just noticed that 5.3.3 was released two days ago - so I'll give that a try. Maybe it's a bug in 5.3.2.

Nope, that didn't do the trick either. It's dodgy coding and not a bug then! At least I'm up to date with PHP now though!

You do have sockets compiled into your php don't you? Most hosts do, but better to check! You''ll need a quick php page with phpinfo() or php -v from command line

Again thanks for the suggestion. I do have sockets set, yes. Sockets work fine; it's just the socket_set_option function that doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom