Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PHPList Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alight,

ooooo I'm having a bit of trouble....

I'm trying to install phplist, which for me means, hosting, transfer files in frontpage mode, make db in mysql, update password details in config.php but then I gets lost.

I'm currently getting a 'Fatal Error: Cannot connect to database, access denied. Please contact the administrator' error on /lists/admin/ and a 'Invalid Request' on /lists/admin/admin.php so can't access set up.

It says at this url, unpack distrbution files etc. what are they and how do I make it create directories? perhaps that's what I'm missing as this stuff is usually pretty easy to install. phplist Documentation: Installing phplist

Any help, much appreciated.

Cheers
Lee

unpack distrbution files etc. what are they and how do I make it create directories? perhaps that's what I'm missing as this stuff is usually pretty easy to install

distribution files are usualy the archive, ie. .zip/tar.gz/tgz

when u unarchive them it should create the directorys

distribution files are usualy the archive, ie. .zip/tar.gz/tgz

when u unarchive them it should create the directorys

Oh so unzip the files, well I did that. So it must be something else. I wonder what it is.

sounds like a database authentication issue. Sometimes you have to play around with the Host name etc.

Have you double-checked the db alias, username and password?
Have you granted the user rights on the database?

Check in your Cpanel for answers.

cannot connect to database is usualy a problem connecting to the sql

check your config.php file for your mysql settings (localhost, username, password)

you sometimes have to create the database manualy (i find)
use phpmyadmin

I often copy and paste the username etc from Cpanel into the config file, just to make sure its right.

I can't figure it out, details are copy and pasted, php want £75 for install, anyone here fancy doing it for nout? I only need to get the admin page up I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Lee, I assume you are using cpanel?? After creating the mysql database did you add the user account to it that needs the access and set the access privaleges?

Grant

Lee, I assume you are using cpanel?? After creating the mysql database did you add the user account to it that needs the access and set the access privaleges?

Grant

Yes I did that, I did go through using reseller account details so changed to sole account and it still aint working.

click on mysql databases in Cpanel and look at what the DB you've created is actually called - usually something like:

username_databasename

I was being a silly sausage, I appended the site username at the start of the password as well. I can set it up now.

Cheers
Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom