Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

plancake.com with trademark

Reaction score
Hi.

My webapp is not doing great, thus I am considering to stop the service (or just move it to a less valuable domain) and make some money selling the domains.

The domains are: plancake.com, plancake.co.uk, plancake.it, plancake.org (+ I would include Facebook/Twitter/app-store accounts).

Also, Plancake is a word EU trademark (for the 9, 38, 42 NICE classes - basically ICT services ) and I would be happy to transfer the property of it (I just hope this does not make the deal more complicated).

How much do you think I can make selling the whole lot? Or, if you don't have idea, any feedback or relevant info would be more than welcome.

Also, I know it is quite straightforward to sell an individual domain but how can I sell this whole lot in an effective way?

Thanks,
Dan

Personally think that's a nice name for a potential cake company... My initial thought wasn't IT.

If I was buying it on the strength of the TM, id want some of the Food classes added (think 28, 30, 35?). Might be worth seeing how much additional it'd cost you to add those classes on, as tm alone starts at £700+ vat for a handful of classes through an online co, so you could def wrap that up in your cost. Doesn't sound like you want to spend anything additional on it.

As for value too, I've never been too great at putting pound figures on, but to my mind the above would be the direction to extract max cash from it. As an IT firm I'd prefer to find a different name that was more suited to IT (or at least less directly associated with another industry!)

Edit: Probably worthless advice! ^

Last edited:
Looks like an Asana type thing. Which is completely free full stop unless you get additional users).

I'm amazed you saw enough value there to spend a huge amount more (relative to the domain itself) to secure a trademark...

Thank you guys for your honest views - and, thinking about it, I believe you guys are right.

However, just to reply to some point:
- I saw the domain valuable not just for the trademark per-se, but also because it is quite an old domain and there is already some traffic reaching it
- Regarding getting the trademark...if I could travel back in time, I wouldn't do that again

As im a nosey git, without me clicking on any links, or hunting the info, can you describe what the app does, as your OP don't say, just 'ICT', and 'plancake' isn't at all descriptive.

Thanks

Sure spiderspider - it is a web-based task and project management software for individuals...

The headline used to be
"make planning a piece of cake"
...hence Plancake (even if the process was actually the other way around)

Last edited:
Sure spiderspider - it is a web-based task and project management software for individuals...

The headline used to be
"make planning a piece of cake"

Ahh right, ok, gotcha.

Thanks

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom