Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please help test my tool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've had to take it down as it's already exceeded it's quota within a few hours of being tested. I need to think about how best to optimise this without getting blocked, shame I don't get millions of delayed DAC queries, that's whats sadly lacking here. This is a detail I've sadly underestimated, already had several thousand different combinations tested since putting on staging a few hours ago.

If anyone has any ideas or has worked around something similar before please PM me.

Many thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Do you have a contact form or email for the site Dave?

I will do when it goes live in a few days. I just wanted everyone's input on this one tool before I push it live to domaingenie.co.uk. Anything I'm obviously missing from this tool? etc.

This will be the first publicly free tool and over the next month or two I will be adding more tools and spicing up the service with plenty of awesome features including domain management, parking, for sale pages etc all on domain genie. :D

Looks good - very fast too.

You might want to look at the Top 500 keywords and the popular suffixes / prefixes though. Is "cave" really that popular? And having the likes of California or Newyork or Argentina in the keywords doesn't really work with UK domains. Better to have UK places.

Handy little tool :)

PM sent with some bugs spotted.

Ok np was just going to contact you directly.

I like the idea. :D and here are few suggestions.

Would be nice for preset categories

• Cities - Leeds, Manchester etc
  • Colour - Red, Green, Blue etc
  • Premium - Top, 1st, Best,
and so on.

You should add a "register now" or "Buy now" option as an aff or if you have your own TAG.

How many results do you want drop down.

• Have it so you can sort the list "Available" first etc
  • Maybe have an option to download or export the list.
  • Have the unavailable domain as a link to go to it.

And surely the logo should have a lamp! :lol:

Ok np was just going to contact you directly.

I like the idea. :D and here are few suggestions.

Would be nice for preset categories

• Cities - Leeds, Manchester etc
  • Colour - Red, Green, Blue etc
  • Premium - Top, 1st, Best,
and so on.

You should add a "register now" or "Buy now" option as an aff or if you have your own TAG.

How many results do you want drop down.

• Have it so you can sort the list "Available" first etc
  • Maybe have an option to download or export the list.
  • Have the unavailable domain as a link to go to it.

And surely the logo should have a lamp! :lol:

Thank you so much mate.

Fantastic feedback, just the sort I needed! Surprisingly didn't even think of some of those. In terms of results it just returns however many words are in the word list. Yep here are ideas for word lists:

Animals
Fruits
Vegetables
Cities
Counties
Colours

Anymore ideas please? :)

Yes ok I'll give the logo a lamp haha. :D

Hi DaveP,

Useful kit : thanks for sharing

I got Something went wrong. Please try again after 30 odd prefix (keyword) results generated OK .. can ping you a screenshot if you PM your em address

Cheers

LB

Things always work fine before going on staging.. haha. Sorry for the issues I'm fixing them right now.

Last edited:
Results coming up slow now, maybe if you look at live analytic overview you can see how many are actually using the tool. May need a VPS as it's crashed "something went wrong please try later"

Last edited:
I am on a powerful ec2 instance, very unusual that it's gone so slow. All my tests up to now have been fine. I'm just forcing a reboot of the server so the tool will go down temporarily and will iron whatever the issue is ASAP. Apologies again.

Ok it's back up and running. :)

Such amazing feedback in such a short time, I knew I could count on this great community.

Here's the features that will be added in time for go live in a few days. :)

• Download list as CSV
  • Show whois and visit links next to unavailable domains
  • More than 50 preset word lists
  • Filter to append hyphen between keyword and word list
  • Show loading image next to search

Thanks again to all of you so far. Keep the suggestions coming. :)

Last edited:
Sorry the tool was playing up. It should be working a charm now. :)

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

All this talk of tools. Ooooooooooh noooo! ;)

Haha :D

If anyone would like to help by submitting word lists to hello (at) domaincollection.co.uk it would be much appreciated.

The format is simply a text file (.txt) with each word separated by a new line like so:

Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Orange
Pink

PLEASE NOTE: I must re-iterate this is not a live system and may go down at anytime. I got an email from someone whilst it was down questioning how I can let a new service go down so soon. Again, this is NOT LIVE, just a test url.

Thanks again all,
Dave

Last edited:
I've had to take it down as it's already exceeded it's quota within a few hours of being tested. I need to think about how best to optimise this without getting blocked, shame I don't get millions of delayed DAC queries, that's whats sadly lacking here. This is a detail I've sadly underestimated, already had several thousand different combinations tested from different users since putting it on staging only a few hours ago.

If anyone has any ideas or has worked around something similar before please PM me.

Last edited:
Use whois2 mate, that way every user gets 1000 lookups per ip address per day.

grant

Use whois2 mate, that way every user gets 1000 lookups per ip address per day.

grant

I had that in place mate but 1000 queries isn't a lot when possibly generating hundreds of combinations for a few keywords and I don't want it to block the user's general whois access during the day. I can reduce the word lists and then show a label with how many queries the user has left I suppose is the best choice. Will work on that tomorrow, for now having a break. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom