Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please vote for your favourite - thanks

Which design to you prefer? (choose more than 1 if you want)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Which number 1-6?

https://marvelapp.com/15ea83

If you like some bits and not others, I'd be interested to hear.

Being designed by an agency we've worked with before. They design some great stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
I think the backgrounds are all to noisy/distracting

You don't want to take attention away from the main points you're trying to put across.

I prefer 2 or 3, busy but effective!
I think number 1 looks like 1960's wallpaper and probably smells of mould!!!

I'd also wrap the white text around with an opaque dark background like the header otherwise can get slightly lost in background.

I like 6 personally. But it would be worth doing some tests with random members of the public.

It would be interesting to know if a form converts better on the left hand or right hand side of the page with layout 6. Most booking sites have it on left, so that is probably the winner.

The current trend with the likes of AirBnB etc is with the horizontal type form under the headline though.

The current trend with the likes of AirBnB etc is with the horizontal type form under the headline though.

I think generally, 'me too' small players offering nothing unique at all should just effectively outsource all of their market research. Copy whatever all the big boys in your niche are doing... if they're making millions then its a fair bet they've split tested things till the cows come home and their current setup is a winner.

TripAdvisor are using the horizontal type. But they're not exactly in your niche... go look at what all the major car rental places are doing and copy that would be my advice.

Revised design

Thanks for all comments.

We're drifting away from an illustrative feel to an image.

This image seems to fit the design quite nicely.

Revised font in the logo too.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 194
I like the one you have just posted Phil but also like the icons from image 1. Not keen on the font used for the logo.

Prefer the one you have just posted from the others.
Brings up some driving away into the sunset thoughts

If you are going with an image, I think that one is good as it's not too distracting from the main aim of getting them to fill the form in.

My main concern would be building on a hyphen domain.... It screams cheap affiliate site and you will be giving away traffic to the real version of the domain. Can you name a single real brand that operates on a hyphen without owning the other? Big brands don't do it.... Therefore you shouldn't either.

Looks good, and that format (clear CTA over image) works for a lot of big sites these days.

None of the options look bad though.

Don't suppose you can share the name of the agency?
Do they charge a fortune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom