Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

pmc.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just seen on the DL advanced bids page the following for pmc.co.uk:

Drop date: 2016-01-28 +- 7 days

It has an expiry date of 12th Oct 2016, but is showing as "suspended". Can anyone explain this to me? Liquidation? Perhaps it's a common thing, but it's the first time I've seen it. And is the DL estimate accurate? It will definitely be sometime between the 21st Jan to the 4th Feb?

Reported by someone, incorrect data, etc.

If the person who reported it, had reported it they would know the exact date, but someone who has just noticed it, wouldn't be sure, so my guess is someone who monitors LLLs has spotted it.

You'll be waiting a very long time, the domain is suspended due to 'bad data', i.e. incorrect company name. It won't cancel until the standard expiry date; the information on Domainlore is inaccurate. I'll let Denys know.

Thanks chaps, so we don't need to all stick it in our daily cycle for the next few weeks then!

I think all of you should, as a priority, leaving me a better chance of catching standard drops :p - it won't drop, however, this is Nominet don't forget, and they are professionals at making mistakes ;)

Ian didn't you catch lots of your recent sales "out of sequence" due to various reasons.

What is different about this name compared to your catches which tells you this won't drop ?

If its been reported, nominet should follow their suspeneded/drop sequence ?

I don't know if this is reported, I'm just curious what makes Ian so sure.

If it does drop then I would be interested in buying this one

I would also be interested in this name along with the .uk. Happy to offer 'end user' price as I would be the end user :)

Ian didn't you catch lots of your recent sales "out of sequence" due to various reasons.

What is different about this name compared to your catches which tells you this won't drop ?

If its been reported, nominet should follow their suspeneded/drop sequence ?

I don't know if this is reported, I'm just curious what makes Ian so sure.

If reported, it was a waste of time doing so, as the company is active, they just have the previous company name listed and Nominet have picked up on this. It will remain in suspension until they fix the issue. Domains reported for 'bad data' never drop prior to expiry; but 'others' did until recently when Nominet changed the rules. You'll no longer see 'out of sequence' drops unless physically cancelled by the registrant themselves.

Denys has now removed this domain from backorder. It was using an old algorithm to produce that random drop date range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom