Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Possible scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I received this email the other day. I'm assuming it's a scam, especially since the domain had already dropped a month previous!!

Hi,
my name is Brandon Birdwell and I would be interested in buying your domain 118TALK.COM from you. Are you interested in selling it? If yes, how much would you want for it? What payment method would you prefer?
And just in case you are wondering how I got your email, anyone can get that info at whois.net
Regards,
Brandon Birdwell

Nothing out of the ordinary there that stands out as worrying imo.

Its a scam do a google search of the name Brandon Birdwell for more info.........

I don't know, a search on that finds this

"Thanks for posting this, Lisa. Just got an email from Brandon Birdwell today.

What's interesting is I just sold a domain name to someone but the interaction in that case was entirely different. It was film producer who wanted the domain name because he was filming a documentary with the same name as the domain I owned. He was gracious and appreciative from the beginning. The whole transaction went smoothly.

Because I like the topic of his documentary he and I are keeping in touch in case I can assist him with publicity (I do PR and viral marketing).

Guess I'm lucky to have a positive experience to use as a comparison. Yeah the Brandon thing has an entirely different vibe."

So he might just be sending out standard template emails to save time.

Depends how he wants to pay, which service he uses and if he asks for an appraisal. The next email maybe more suspicious, but nothing looks dangerous in that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom