Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ppc

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by charlie, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

if everyone is basically working from the same google based system. How come parking programs PPC rates are different?

I suppose only the percentage the parking company take will make the difference - so if one company claims to take less than another then the PPC values will always be more than that other company.

so a domain on A the PPC value will be the same on B?

2. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Google (etc) probably vary their percentages as well. If I were Google then I would take the gross profit I wanted to deliver and divide it by 365 to get my profit per day. I would then adjust the percentage I take each day in order to "just beat" my daily target. Hence the wild variances.

Sure, my big Adwords clients and my parking clients might complain about it, but I'm so big that they have no option but to just take it.

Further more, if I was a domain parking company, I would probably do the same - adjusting my bunce to meet certaint targets (within limits of course).

This is probably just one of many strange reasons why it's so difficult to get a handle on PPC rates.

And now, before I ramble any more, I'll get my (old Columbo mac) coat.

3. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

we'll see what the straight talking member parking programs have to say ;)

4. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

I was having this discussion privately the other day and the general feeling is there is a lack of transparency with the various Google parking programmes, possibly through the fault of Google in part.

I've been told that there are multiple Google feeds. I don't know any parking company that is prepared to reveal. a) What %age they get from Google, including any charge, and what %age of their %age they pay out, including any charge. Parking companies cite confidentiality clauses and they may well have them, so perhaps none of us will ever find out.

5. retired_member9

retired_member9 Retired Member

reach 750K uniques and apply for google 4 domains... it's that easy =)

6. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

I don't think that includes an XML feed to do with as you please and do they tell you your %age with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.