Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

qsd £400 - Archived - Please see new thread for discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by seanc, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

qsd.co.uk for sale

£400

2. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

final price £375

thats a steal for a 3 letter

Q = quality, Q = quick

3. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

Why was this posted in the premium section with a fixed price of £400 in the title?

Worse still, why was it approved?

@seanc sorry to hijack your thread however, this should be in the fixed price section. Some people are really quick to jump on new users posting in the wrong section however, this type of thing isn't really setting a good example.

4. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

i thought a 3 letter was a premium domain ?

feel free to move the thread :)

5. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

It was nothing against the domain you posted, I was pointing out that you posted a BIN of £400 in the title and the description for the premium section is "domains typically selling for £x,xxx and above". If admin/mods are going to approve sub £1k domains then the description should be changed. Alternatively, the threads shouldn't get approved and moved to the appropriate forum.

6. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

Pending Sale

7. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

I would agree, an LLL is a premium in my eyes. Perhaps the title needs to be changed with regards the £1000 limit and perhaps Bensd, you need to be a little less sensitive. ;

Sorry for posting in your sales thread.

8. seanc United Kingdom

seanc Well-Known Member

I admit - i didnt read the rules.. i saw the word premium, and just posted away!

anyway, domain sold :)

9. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

I don't think i'm being too sensitive, the rules are there for a reason. The £400 domain was posted in the £x,xxx section and the mods approved it. Either the wording needs to be changed ie. taking out £x,xxx or £x,xxx + LLL.co.uk or the thread should never have been approved.

I didn't mean to crash your sales thread I just used it as an example. There has been loads of other LLL threads with fixed price / offers in region of £xxx in the premium section, which shouldn't be there if the description is taken seriously.

I'm pleased you sold the domain and I'm glad my rant didn't stop it being sold. Perhaps I should have started a thread on the general board.

10. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

Bensd - I think the rules are clear.

Quality Domain Names for sale typically selling for £x,xxx or more. You must apply to Admin to have your names put under consideration to be shown here. Any new posts will go into a moderation queue before they appear.

See the highlighted parts above. I believe any three letter domain is premium purely becasue they hold their value and domain appeal.

Rich :cool:

11. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

i disagree

LLL.co.uk don't typically sell for x,xxx
    reseller prices are what we're discussing here
    LLL rarely go for more than mid xxx on the forum

also LLL values are falling imo as recent sales on domainlore show of quality LLL

sorry to o/p and congrats on sale

12. rjs_essex United Kingdom

Pred, what I meant was this section is for domains that will typically sell for more than £1000, but, that doesn't limit us from putting names here that may sell for less that £1000. This is a guide.

Of course I know the value of lll.co.uk domains and I know that many only sell here for reseller prices, i.e.: £xxx - But I think what makes them premium above the rest is they have a bottom line, you never see a lll.co.uk selling on the forum for £20 in the bargain basement section for example.

Hope that clears up my own personal thoughts... All IMHO.

Rich :cool:

13. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

fair enough dude :)

14. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

I'm with Bensd and pred on this one.

lll.co.uk's are not premium. How can names that command prices typically of £240-£400 be classed as premium?

"But I think what makes them premium above the rest is they have a bottom line, "

The bottom line is £240-£400. Does that make them premium? As pred rightly states, they are falling in price (as other rise). I have sold me.uk's for more than the bottom line of lll.co.uk's. If i appplied for the name(s) to be included in this section would they be?

What does make a premium name?
    Surely it has to be sales value and £400 tops is not premium in my view.

Lee states:
    I would agree, an LLL is a premium in my eyes. Perhaps the title needs to be changed with regards the £1000 limit

Then you have to let more names (and extentions) in that will command the same price as an lll.co.uk (or higher) The marketplace is changing.

15. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

We will have to agree to disagree on this one and also remember this is a sales thread so lets take it somewhere else.

16. rjs_essex United Kingdom

To continue this discussion and voice your opinion please go to this thread >> Link

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.