Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Queen Elizabeth II

Climate change will most likely be the thing that brings down the Monarchy. There is nothing "just" in sticking 30% on the poorest people's heating bills whilst you drive around in a fleet of V8 Land Rover's to get to your private jet or private helicopter before flying off to one of your 18 bedroomed mansions might not go down to well with the families of people freezing to death, and people will freeze to death this year.

You may have guessed, I don't believe in CO2 led climate change either :D.

The royal family walk around wearing million-pound jewellery while children across the UK can't afford clothes. They have personal chefs cooking them meals cooked from the freshest food every day while people die of malnourishment. They have enough money that they could rebuild every school, hospital etc and provide state of the art facilities for generations to come, but they don't.

Let me put it this way that fits in your analogy. They don't go around telling people not to wear expensive jewelry, not to have personal chefs. But they have now started to do exactly that with climate change, that's the new issue facing them. Privilege won't bring them down, people don't really care. It's the hypocrisy that will bring them down, that does rile people who are suffering.

If you had even a small inkling of knowing what you were talking about, rather than pulling assumptions out of your backside, you would know.

The mere fact that you have to ask me for examples shows you have no clue.

haha I was asking for an example of what you were talking about and even you don't know. Sorry can't stop laughing, this conversation is too funny.

Last edited:
The World is f*cked because everyone's an expert based on the last article they read, written by a journalist, based on a press release, from a PR firm working for a scientist, funded by a corporation that wants a big chunk of government money. Here's a wake-up call, nobody in power gives a shit about the climate, the only people that care are a percentage of the public who have been convinced - rightly or wrongly - that we're 50 years away from the end of the World. The fact the message is coming from the same people sending Billions of Dollars of arms to prolong a war that has the potential to become a nuclear confrontation beggars belief.

I like the Queen. I suspect that climate change is a load of bollocks though. I put that with "the jab" and cloth face masks to save others and other things promoted by nutters.

Last edited:
The World is f*cked because everyone's an expert based on the last article they read, written by a journalist, based on a press release, from a PR firm working for a scientist, funded by a corporation that wants a big chunk of government money. Here's a wake-up call, nobody in power gives a shit about the climate, the only people that care are a percentage of the public who have been convinced - rightly or wrongly - that we're 50 years away from the end of the World. The fact the message is coming from the same people sending Billions of Dollars of arms to prolong a war that has the potential to become a nuclear confrontation beggars belief.

Part of the problem must be how quickly we can put our opinions out there, we all have a platform easily reached to express what we want to say, and career activists are having a field day while the majority tend to stay silent, this can distort the reality of things."Strange days indeed".

Part of the problem must be how quickly we can put our opinions out there, we all have a platform easily reached to express what we want to say, and career activists are having a field day while the majority tend to stay silent, this can distort the reality of things."Strange days indeed".

Agreed. It feels like there are intentionally antagonistic trolls for every subject, at every turn.
It is very much OK not to express your negative thoughts and opinions publicly. Honestly!

I also think it's a shame that the old mantra of "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" isn't used as much as it probably should these days

Agreed. It feels like there are intentionally antagonistic trolls for every subject, at every turn.
It is very much OK not to express your negative thoughts and opinions publicly. Honestly!

I also think it's a shame that the old mantra of "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing" isn't used as much as it probably should these days

What you're saying is people should shut up if you don't like what they say? Do you not think it's arrogant to assume that what you read and choose to believe is the truth and anything that is at odds with, questions or contradicts that narrative is trolling?

What you're saying is people should shut up if you don't like what they say? Do you not think it's arrogant to assume that what you read and choose to believe is the truth and anything that is at odds with, questions or contradicts that narrative is trolling?

No.

But what your response also highlights is another downfall to the online society, where there is an emphatic desire to "win" every argument by interpreting text online without every single caveat possible being applied to the context.

People are entitled to have their opinions, AND they can even voice them. But choosing how and when to voice them is key.

Good:
In this context, it was nice of @websaway to start a new thread to congratulate somebody on doing a job they didn't apply for, and doing it for 70 years. That's a positive thing.

People that like positivity in their life can reply with: 'Imagine working in the same job for 70 years, and even at the age of 96 is expected to please the people by waving! Bravo!"

Bad:
Some of the responses in this thread bashing the monarchy, and what a shit job the Queen has during her reign.

There were at least a few better ways of handling these negative responses:
  1. Don't respond. At all. Move on with your life.
  2. Don't respond in the original thread, and start a new thread labeled: "The Queen has done a shit job for 70 years. Come and join my miserable existence."
  3. Respond in the original thread by saying "Imagine doing the same job for 70 years, and getting some decisions wrong. Tut.".
Finally:
I genuinely do try to imagine the other side to any "argument", much to my wife's distaste.

I'm not pro-monarchy, but I know I couldn't do their job, and I know I wouldn't want to be in their position - however privileged it can look.
I struggle to not have a distaste for the Union Flag whenever I see it these days, especially how it has been used as propaganda and the history that comes along with it.

I'm not looking to argue. I don't think that I'm right, you're wrong. I'm just trying to vomit my mindset into words, and highlight that there is almost always a better way of expressing an alternate view.

I'm not looking to argue and I'm certainly not viewing this as some kind of challenge. I suppose I've come to realise that due to the open nature of the web, we can't pick and choose what is acceptable without creating a totalitarian World where we're told what to think/believe and any deviation from that narrative will be censored/punished. You find it distasteful for someone to say the monarchy should be abolished - so do I has it happens - but I'm arguing that they're just as entitled to that view as we are to ours.

It seems to me that you're searching for a Eutopia where everyone is kind to each other but with respect, as admirable as the idea is, it's naive.

I'd suggest the only solution is to remove yourself from the problem by cutting the web out of your life which is something I've considered.

In this context, it was nice of @websaway to start a new thread to congratulate somebody on doing a job they didn't apply for, and doing it for 70 years. That's a positive thing.

I didn't respond or comment on that OP congratulating the Queen, so I think you are mis-remembering something that didn't happen.

I don't believe I have told anyone their opinion was wrong, just that I had an opposing one. 30+ posts of polite debate afterwards and everyone is still alive, nobody has been injured, forum looks like it has a touch of life about it when otherwise it's a morgue 99% of the time.

Have your forum back then, I'll leave you to it.

I didn't respond or comment on that OP congratulating the Queen, so I think you are mis-remembering something that didn't happen.

This is correct. That's why you will find your comments categorised under the "bad" heading, under item number 3. So I didn't "misremember" anything.

I don't believe I have told anyone their opinion was wrong, just that I had an opposing one.

I didn't say you did say that anyone's opinion was wrong. What I did say was that you could have chosen to keep your negative comments to yourself, or create your own new thread expressing your misery and distaste towards the monarchy.

30+ posts of polite debate afterwards and everyone is still alive, nobody has been injured, forum looks like it has a touch of life about it when otherwise it's a morgue 99% of the time.

Have your forum back then, I'll leave you to it.

I'm sorry that pointing out you didn't have to express your disdain towards the monarchy has hurt you quite so much.

It's also a shame that yet again, one of the most popular threads on this forum isn't about domains, websites, affiliate marketing, or anything else this forum used to be about.

I should probably just spend less time here, as it has become a very disappointing ghost town for the last 5+ years.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom