Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Random domains being deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed any domains being deleted from their Sedo account?

I've just noticed that 4 domains in my account are listed as not for sale, I checked sales settings and they aren't listed there, I then checked parking optimization and there's a bin icon next to each one saying domain deleted.

I didn't delete them, they have Sedo nameservers and they've all got a long time until renewal, so there's no reason why they should be removed.

I was getting an error the other day when trying to add a price to a domain, all other domain prices were able to be set, but one domain kept giving an error and wouldn't allow a price to be added, so the only thing I can think of is that it's a bug in their system.

I've sent Sedo support a message to ask what's happened.

I know Sedo often delete domain names in error if they are still listed in the account of a previous owner. Maybe that's it?

Hi kev,

Ill check mine cheers, ive noticed traffic up and down on mine, one day last week I got no hits? not even 1

@ Diablo, I always check before adding domains to see if they're already listed in another persons account, if they are, I add them to my account and ask Sedo support to verify it's now owned by me on my tag, and to remove it from the previous owners account.

@ SF, I haven't seen any difference in amounts of traffic to mine.

Stupid reply from Sedo, I had this exact same message response once before, on that occasion I told them they can verify the domains by checking the Who-Is against any of the hundreds of domains in my account, which are all on my own tag and are the same details for the domains they deleted:

From Jamal Berrami at Sedo

The domains have been deleted from your account because it was not possible to verify that you are the current registrant.

If you are the owner of the domains please re-list the domains and send us a screen shot attachment of your Registrar account containing all of the following information:

- domain name
- period of registration and expiration date
- your contact data matching the data in your Sedo account

You can add domains to your account by logging into My Sedo and going to "Add Domains".

Please note that these security measures are in place to prevent fraud and offer a better functioning market place for all Sedo users.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and thank you for your support.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if it's because in my Sedo account, in the postal address section, I have my postcode set as 12465, but on the Who-Is for all of my domains, my postcode is listed as N/A, there's a good reason for that, it's because there are no postcodes in Ireland so I can't add one to Sedo, and on Sedo the postcode is a required field, so I had to enter something in order to be able to save my details when I opened my account there, that's the only difference in the address details.

Last edited:
I sent Jamal Berrami at Sedo a reply telling him the name/address details on all of my domains and in my Sedo account are the same, so how can he not verify that I own them, he replied by sending me the same message quoted in my reply above.

I told him he's either too lazy to do proper checks, or is embarrassed to admit they were wrong to delete the domains, when clearly all of the details match, bar the postcode mentioned above, and I ain't sending screen shots of my Nominet tag account to him.

What's annoying me most is, if they're so security conscious, why just delete 4 domains if they don't believe I'm the current registrant, why not delete the other 495 domains still in my account? After all, the 4 domains and the other 495 all have exactly the same registrant details, so if the 4 are in some way fraudulent, then they all must be, some security that is :rolleyes:

As they seem to think maybe I'm not in control of my tag, just to prove a point, I've registered this domain on my tag:

SedoSecurityIsInept.co.uk (deleted the domain after getting the reply below)

He can check the Who-Is, guess what, the details are the same as every other domain I have parked at Sedo

Anyone know of other reasonable parking sites to move to?

Last edited:
Jamal has just replied:

Thank you for your email.

I would like to inform you that we just verified your domains and that we added all of them to your account.

Unfortunately, the domains have been deleted from your account automatically.

Please be informed that we have different checks running and that the majority of them are automated.

Should you have any queries related to adding domain names to your account, please feel free to contact us via [email protected] so we can help you with your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom