Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Reciprocal links between minisites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Essentially, I want to have a network of single-page adsense minisites all thematically similar look-and-feel-wise, but each with it's own domain (essentially the article title). I would like to link them all together.

Now, I heard that these days reciprocal linking is frowned on a secondary form of link, so is it best to chain them - for example if you link to one site, don't link back from it, or is the traffic you get between the sites worth more than the ranking? And (why it's in this section) does this have any effect on Adsense T & Cs (I can't see it does).

As I said, I *heard* this, and I've always followed my instincts with SEO and not done too badly, but I know some people on here are MUCH wiser than I am :)

Cheers for any help!

[edit]Sorry! I think this should probably be in the SEO section... any passing mods feel free to shift it [/edit]

Last edited:
Based on the reply I got from my SEO contact when I asked him a similiar question, you should be fine chaining them feeding authority into a single site or small group of sites, however you will may have issue if all the links come from the same IP or subnet. You will need to find a "natural" link pattern.

Cheers :)

...So you mean as in keeping the links contextual - so, for instance linking from a site advertising HDTVs to Blu Ray players is OK, but if you have those suddenly linking to SCUBA-Diving courses, not so good?

So a menu of related sites are ok, but you'd have to really work hard to get the SCUBA-diving into the article body...

Essentially, I want to have a network of single-page adsense minisites all thematically similar look-and-feel-wise, but each with it's own domain (essentially the article title). I would like to link them all together.

Now, I heard that these days reciprocal linking is frowned on a secondary form of link, so is it best to chain them - for example if you link to one site, don't link back from it, or is the traffic you get between the sites worth more than the ranking? And (why it's in this section) does this have any effect on Adsense T & Cs (I can't see it does).

As I said, I *heard* this, and I've always followed my instincts with SEO and not done too badly, but I know some people on here are MUCH wiser than I am :)

Cheers for any help!

[edit]Sorry! I think this should probably be in the SEO section... any passing mods feel free to shift it [/edit]

Matt

I have a healthy network of sites now - if you want to exchange links (3-way is best) between our sites then would love to do so. You can email me at info at xec dot co dot uk

Cheers
Stephen.

is your mini sites are located on the different c ip so it is use full for the reciprocal link building ..but if it is on same ip so it is useless...

The other thing to consider is how high quality your sites look. If they're smart and offer (some) useful information you could be alright, but you'll be raising your risk profile.

Google do hand check their search results and if an engineer sees low quality content, big adsense panes and lots of interlinking you may lose rankings on all the interlinked sites at once.

If you're going to do it it would be better to link from sensible places in the content, rather than sitewide footer or blogroll style links as it looks a lot more authentic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom