Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Registering and managing uk domains in bulk

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by namdas, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namdas United Kingdom

namdas Active Member

Hi there,

I've made a fairly large list of domains I've got my eye for development purposes on but before I take the plunge and grab them I was wondering which registrar people recommend for bulk registrations and subsequent management of domains in bulk (eg changing nameservers etc)?

I have seen ukreg and daily do credits for cheaper registration, but on my ukreg login the 'bulk' form for domains still asks you to put the domains in one by one, and previously when I have bulk registered it has ignored my nameserver changes.

Ideally I want somewhere where I can copy and paste in the list of domains I want, hit a button, and set up all their nameservers at once. Later it would be good to be able to select 20 odd domains using checkboxes and make a change to their settings in bulk too, rather than having to manage each one individually.

Does anyone cater to this?

Thanks,
    Jonny

2. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

If you have a large list, then I'd consider Nominet membership as this will allow you to have complete control over your domain management.

3. namdas United Kingdom

namdas Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion.. just been looking through the procedures and costs and think I probably sit somewhere in the middle as to whether I need it or can justify the additional expense.

Perhaps this time I'll stick with a public registrar and change up later should I need the extra control. Does anyone have any experience with daily's interface or any other uk registrars that do bulk discounts?

Cheers!

4. fraser

fraser Active Member

Switched to Daily when I got fed up with 123-reg and I've always been really happy with them. The credits and bulk managment system have worked well for me.

5. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Exactly. Then you are open to resources to catch your own names also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.