Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Replacement Dedicated Server Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Time for a change methinks! :D

Fed up with my current DS provider (Webhosting.uk.com) - support is not great either and their prices are no longer competitive after almost 4 years with them.

I need a new DS provider (UK preferred) who can beat my current outgoings of £130 P/M, offer me a Linux Dedicated Server with WHM/cPanel, support on hand when needed, with a managed solution for me etc, etc.

This is what I've got already, so will need it similar or better:

Product/Service Dual Core Intel Xeon X3085 - Linux - Dual Core Intel Xeon X3085
RAM 2 GB DDR RAM
Hard Disk 250 GB SATA (Free)
RAID Controller No RAID
Operating System Linux CentOS 5.2
Control Panel cPanel/WHM
Bandwidth 2500 GB - Free
IP Addresses 5 Dedicated IPs - Free

Linux - Dual Core Intel Xeon X3085

Processor Information
Total processors: 2
Processor #1
Vendor
GenuineIntel
Name
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 3085 @ 3.00GHz
Speed
2992.568 MHz
Cache
4096 KB
Processor #2
Vendor
GenuineIntel
Name
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 3085 @ 3.00GHz
Speed
2992.568 MHz
Cache
4096 KB

PM please, thanks. :)

Thanks all - anyone else want to quote?

Please note though if you're a reseller I will find out and go direct. ;) :D

That's cheap.

Really?! :eek: Actually to be exact I currently pay £137.75 P/M.

I've just discovered too that my current host is offering a better server at a cheaper cost on their site. Nice of them to tell me. ;)

Yeah in my experience its cheap if it's fully managed. However I suspect it's not - they probably only reinstall and reboot which is fine but a little misleading. Fully managed usually means applying all patches as they become available, maintaining the server without being asked, updating software, optimizing disk structure, dealing with holes/hack attempts etc. It is, in essence, part of a full time wage on top of the rental.
Anyway there are quite a few around that can give higher specs for the same or less money. Are you after chasing though in which case it obviously has to be UK. If not Europe is cheaper and US cheaper again. Be aware though short of setting up and rebooting most UK providers are around that price without offering fully managed solutions.

Time for a change methinks! :D

Fed up with my current DS provider (Webhosting.uk.com) - support is not great either and their prices are no longer competitive after almost 4 years with them.

I need a new DS provider (UK preferred) who can beat my current outgoings of £130 P/M, offer me a Linux Dedicated Server with WHM/cPanel, support on hand when needed, with a managed solution for me etc, etc.

This is what I've got already, so will need it similar or better:

PM please, thanks. :)

Hi Matthew,

Emailed you.

Matt

You can check the provider we are using presently support is good till date and they offered us fully managed server Webhost UK , using them for nearly 3 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom