Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Replacing site with a completely new design

Discussion in 'General Board' started by mally, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mally United States

mally Well-Known Member

Hello all.

I've got a website that currently ranks no 1 on google and has done so for a while, however I've need completed a new design on the template which in my opinion looks alot better and cleaner.

As you can imagine I'm concerned though about loosing the spot I currently have and I'm looking for feedback from other members on here, have you replaced a website and what happened?

I'm guessing my site might disappear for a week or 2, what do you think might happen?

I'm going to before swapping over run it though as many site comparable to try and keep it looking the same to google so it might not be noticed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The site is without spaces Magazine Subscription .co.uk - (to see the new site please add dev. at the front

cheers Mally

2. wb

wb Well-Known Member

Website looks great and is a huge improvement. Is it a Greg Findley creation? :) Reminds me I really need to get some specifications done for my projects so they can be started on!

The URL structures all look the same so shouldn't be any major problems there. You need to look at the meta tags though as some of the pages I skimmed over haven't got the same (or any) like your previous design by the looks of things.

One other suggestion would be to have the search box auto clear when clicked on.

3. mally United States

mally Well-Known Member

haha, yep Greg designed it for me, a great designer! thanks for the feedback I'll defo look at getting that sorted, only handful of things I need to sort with some of the pages and will then get the tags sorted!

4. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

looks v. good indeed!

5. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

The new look is great. As long as nothing changes structure-wise I think you can limit the impact this will have. I think your visitors will appreciate the new design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.