Domain Manage

Restriction on loans/ credit websites - what are they

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by RSK3000, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

I'm planning to build out some of my loans and credit domains. I'm not an independent financial advisor and don't want people to mistake my content for financial advice. Anyone here got good advice about what my approach should be?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Mate Martin Lewis gives his crazy advice left right and centre, how he hasn't been prosecuted is a mystery to everyone who has bothered to register with the FSA (he hasn't).

So not sure what you could do or say to get anything other than a warning, imo just use common sense.

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I am wondering whether the disclaimer at the bottom of Money Saving Expert has changed recently. Last time I looked my recollection is that it had an FSA registration number, but I could be wrong. Anyway, his disclaimer looks like a good example to follow if you asked me.

My understanding, which again is not expert level, is that you are OK advertising financial products, it's when you start comparing them or singling them out for recommendation that issues could arise. My understanding is that you can provide information about products, but you can't recommend particular products or put them in a particular order. That would be financial advice and may require FSA regulation.

Rgds

5. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

Thanks, the following is quoted on the Martin Lewis site................

"This website is based on journalistic research. It does not constitute financial advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All tips are followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research ."

There is also something similar on the sites terms and conditions page.

Perhaps its just a case of not actually promoting any products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.