Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Restriction on loans/ credit websites - what are they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm planning to build out some of my loans and credit domains. I'm not an independent financial advisor and don't want people to mistake my content for financial advice. Anyone here got good advice about what my approach should be?

Mate Martin Lewis gives his crazy advice left right and centre, how he hasn't been prosecuted is a mystery to everyone who has bothered to register with the FSA (he hasn't).

So not sure what you could do or say to get anything other than a warning, imo just use common sense.

I am wondering whether the disclaimer at the bottom of Money Saving Expert has changed recently. Last time I looked my recollection is that it had an FSA registration number, but I could be wrong. Anyway, his disclaimer looks like a good example to follow if you asked me.

My understanding, which again is not expert level, is that you are OK advertising financial products, it's when you start comparing them or singling them out for recommendation that issues could arise. My understanding is that you can provide information about products, but you can't recommend particular products or put them in a particular order. That would be financial advice and may require FSA regulation.

Rgds

Thanks, the following is quoted on the Martin Lewis site................

"This website is based on journalistic research. It does not constitute financial advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All tips are followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research ."

There is also something similar on the sites terms and conditions page.

Perhaps its just a case of not actually promoting any products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom