Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Results of 2017 Nominet non-executive director election

The 35,211 vote cap is incorrect because it's 3% of the wrong figure.

According to this, the total number of uncapped votes was 4,877,684.

So the 3% cap was 146,330 votes, and only the first nine on your list would have been affected by it.

However, the capped vote total (1,173,706) and the number of participating voters (267) tell us that no more than five of the big registrars actually voted.

No 1,173,706 is the total capped votes so no one can have more than 3% of that

Well I will admit that this year was the first time I refused to vote.

Completely disillusioned!

I do however agree on one thing: Your votes do matter. Only if you do not vote, things like Trump or Brexit can happen!

On the 30th March this year, I spent 2 hours in a parking lane on a German autobahn with a police officer berating me for the British arrogance. She angrily told me how we were trouble makers who want everything our own way. We don't want the Euro, we don't want to be part of the EU and in my case I didn't want separate insurance for my trailer (we don't legally require it in the UK)

The irony that less than 70 years ago her country plunged the whole of Europe into war, murdering and causing the deaths of millions of innocent men, women and children was obviously lost on her.

You seem to exhibit a similar arrogance. The EU referendum saw a turnout of over 70% and a majority of over 1 million choose to leave. That sir, is democracy at work, one person, one vote. To compare the Nominet voting process - which is skewed by the block vote of larger registrars - to the EU referendum or even the American election is ridiculous.

I didn't vote this year for two reasons. Firstly, the appointment of Mark Wood was at best ill advised and at worst corrupt and secondly it's my belief that Nominet is now being run to enrich the wealth and corporate reputations of its CEO and senior staff which is at odds with the values that it was created for.

Anyone on here that believes their membership affords them anything more than discounted domain registration is delusional. Even if we ever do manage to get someone on the board with the smaller members interests at heart, the board has strengthened the establishments position even further by creating yet another none-elected board position making the elected appointments nothing more than token positions.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom