Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Rubbish Fine

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member6, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Smoked for more than 2 thirds of me life now, and the UK is just hitting us with everything. Fines, bans etc etc. Wasn't even aware big brother was issuing fines for fagends until I got one in England. Nuts. They are much more bio-degradable than Mcdonalds and kebab/pizza containers.

2. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

One from the local paper last week, a guy stol a car, no insurance and no mot, he got a £50 fine and suspended sentence for a year.

Haha, Lee you got worse than him. :D

3. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

yes, the country has become a joke, might as well join europe, may get better.

4. rob

rob Founding Member

It is still rubbish though even if they are biodegradable inside a couple of years.

I am not sure why fag ends ought to be acceptable to be chucked on the floor?!

5. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I guess they're not, but like parking, smokers are a visible and easy tax revenue target at the moment.

6. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

I'm waiting on a fine from Tesco!!

I parked in the parent and child section last week in Fraserburgh. New signs up saying they will issue £70 fines if you have no child. The guy collecting trolleys said to me "can you see the sign?" I said I could see it perfectly well and continued on my way in to the shop. When I returned to my car a weegie told me the trolley collector was writing down my registration.

I'm really looking forward to receiving a fine from Tesco. I'm wondering how in the hell they can try to enforce this in Scotland :) You can't even legally use a clamp here, so I'm sure I can fight an unenforceable fine from a "supermarket" (I hope I can pay it with clubcard vouchers if I lose a legal battle :) )

I give Tesco enough money without paying them 70 quid to park near the front door. Fair enough, disabled spots are a different matter, so I would not park in them. But parent and child spots I've always parked in. I'm a parent, my kids just happened to be at home, but I was there to buy them stuff ;) If it wasn't for my kids I'd never have been at Tesco in Fraserburgh. I'd just use spar :)

7. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Chewing gum stuck everywhere does my head in :mad:

8. rob

rob Founding Member

Fraserburgh sounds abit backwards, its all ANPR style stuff in Tesco round these 'ere parts ie. anywhere thats not Fraserburgh.

I agree with Mat, that is annoying, but some idiot sees it as their right to spit it on the floor.

9. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Still cannae wait on the fine tho :)

Would rather chew my own left ball than give Tesco 70 quid for a fine.

They are in to shopping, insurance, phones, broadband etc etc and now they want to muscle in on the parking fines.

Next we'll be seeing Tesco community wardens that will fine kids for eating Asda sweeties. They can go and do a 4 letter sweary word to themselves as far as I'm concerned :)

10. rob

rob Founding Member

If you dont like them, then dont shop there. Simple innit bru.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.