Domain Manage

Sales Regrets

Discussion in 'General Board' started by danielcoates, Jan 27, 2016.

1. danielcoates

danielcoates Active Member

Have any of you sold a domain and then a couple of day's later thought, Darn, I wish I'd have kept that one? I have just done it with one of mine, and looking back I think I could have used that one personally.

Most of the domains I registers are aimed around small retail sites, and I have the full intention on launching these my self, but on this occasion, It was necessary to sell the domain to make some cash.

What would your thoughts on trying to negotiate it back from them, should I leave it, or try and negotiate it back from them?

I won't share the name, as it's no longer mine, and that would be unfair to the new owners, so please don't ask.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. DaveP United Kingdom

DaveP Well-Known Member

Well I don't want to live with regrets but there's a whole bunch of domains I sold years ago when I started out as I was told I was a noob for registering them. When I started out I thought picking up random 4 letter .com's with letters like q, z, x, b etc for hand reg or for real cheap were the bees knees. I registered or picked up a lot and when I sold them for $30 or so each I thought to myself "hah, who's the newbie" now.

Nowadays said domains, which are known as CHIPS or Chinese premiums, are selling for at least $2,000 each. Guess I was the newbie after all? :)

4. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

BREWSTERS Well-Known Member

I've sold a few names for £xxx and then seen them resold some time later for £xxxx - but I don't regret any sales, but do wish I'd taken some offers that I'd rejected.