Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Got an email saying i was signed up for netbiz updates, from fertiliser.org.uk, anyone know this guy or if its a scam? I clicked on the unsubscribe link from my blackberry, i am furious with myself as i never do this.
Any info would be appreciated.

I don't understand what you mean by "netbiz updates". Do you mean some kind of newsletter?

I must get half a dozen spam emails a day from organisations where I am on their "email list" (even though I've never signed up with them) so it's a very, very common practice to word spam messages that way, presumably in the hope of tricking a slightly higher % of people into buying something. Not suggesting that's the case here, only that it's not unusual at all to have that happen.

I don't understand what you mean by "netbiz updates". Do you mean some kind of newsletter?

I must get half a dozen spam emails a day from organisations where I am on their "email list" (even though I've never signed up with them) so it's a very, very common practice to word spam messages that way, presumably in the hope of tricking a slightly higher % of people into buying something. Not suggesting that's the case here, only that it's not unusual at all to have that happen.

Sorry, here is the email below

You are receiving this email because you have requested to receive NetBiz
Helper. You can remove yourself anytime by clicking the link at the bottom
of this email.

Funny Video About Using Sex and Lies In NetBiz (Unethical) (March 2013
Issue)

Hello Xxxxxxx

How are you? Today I'm writing to you about a very funny video, which shows
the funny side of all these new internet systems that show ladies and
talking illogical stuff, which we know are outright scams ;)

Warning BEFORE you see the video: you will see a bikini clad model on the
initial screen, but it is just meant to demonstrate the humorous side of
things and nothing else.

See it for yourself here. fertiliser.org.uk/monkey.htm (link removed)

About The Author:

Michael Phillips
527 W 143rd St
New York, NY 10031-6021
(212) 281-4190

Note: If you have any question(s) about simply anything, feel free to email
me.
fertiliser.org.uk/unsubscribe.php?M=12etc etc

I never sign up for anything either, so a little concerned,i realise this isn't a domain scam, but as its a .org.uk, i thought it appropiate to ask here,i checked whois and its registered to someone in Sri Lanka

Last edited:
By clicking unsubscribe, you are confirming that you have an active and in use email address. They will probably sign you up for a whole load of extra spam emails and services now. That's what I make of unsubscribe links anyway!

By clicking unsubscribe, you are confirming that you have an active and in use email address. They will probably sign you up for a whole load of extra spam emails and services now. That's what I make of unsubscribe links anyway!

Spot-on . Better to enter on your banned senders list (usually only one or two clicks on most email progs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom