Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

schooluniform .co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Had an offer for £1,500 + vat for this does that sound about right? or is it too low?

Thanks

Paul

If a little low but not by much , remember the value is also based on frequency or liklihood of offers ;)

Bear in mind some schools require certain blazers that can cost (upto) a couple of hundred quid...so potentially lucrative thing to be in ;)

I think there as a company featured on Working Lunch a while back that did mail order / internet school uniform stuff. I'd be tempted to try and market it to the likes of them.

However if you don't have time or need the money then I think £1.5k is "reasonable" but not brilliant.

Does it get much traffic?

Given that schooluniforms.co.uk is done and dusted, has a particular site and ov w/ext of 12 it means that
a) there is demand online for this stuff
b) that they are not going to get that one.

Nearest available alternatives are:
school-uniforms.eu

or going to sedo for school-uniforms.co.uk (web ventures essex)
edit: also schooluniform.com could probably be bought.

I think yours is the better option of what is available for anyone in the business.

Added value is in affiliate market, tailors, departments of department stores etc.

Its a generic product description directly leading to purchase that I think make the best value domains.

I think it is worth more and if this buyer passes, then the next (london) bus will be along within a few years.

(so I kind of agree with Rob!)

-aqls-

Last edited:
Sounds like a sensible offer. Maybe it could be pushed up a bit, but you might have to wait a long time for the same offer.

I would either take that offer or push it up a LOT. Not worth risking it for a few hundred pounds more, but for many times more it may be worth it.

If you are not desperate for £1500 remember that you can always work down so go way over,
example - thank you for your offer of £1500 for the domain name schooluniform.co.uk.
Earlier this year I had a final offer of £5,700 for this domain name which I turned down and the reasons I gave them are as follows -(give some of the reasons AQLS mentions in his post- and because of the reasons aforementioned I will only consider offers above £8000.
If you are able to negotiate closer to this figure then please feel welcome to contact me.
Kind regards :)

Its worth alot more that 1.5k

I'll spend easy over 700 on uniform this summer (not a fetish)

as edwin/aqls and mibut suggest milk it a but

its worth more that aegis and thats just had an offer of 4k (another thread)

Personally, I'd keep it and set up a protest site at the high prices you get charged for this stuff... then find a decent supplier, who'll do online sales...link and commission! Got to be worth more than £1.5K...

Good Luck

Will

Thanks for all the replies, I think I'll keep it for a little longer.

cheers

Paul

schooluniform.co.uk

Nice Domain. My advice would be just to take the offer. You could negotiate but it will probably just scare them off unless they're a big player. Most of the big players would just house the school unform section in their sites. A quick check on google shows there a few sites with similar names already operating. I spend a lot of time on the internet like all of us & my daughter starts school in september, but would not buy online for tis type of product. Nor would most parents. Kidsgrowso fast & need to try things on
I agree with the earlier comment that if you develop it, you could supply schools as a middleman. The .co.uk domain is one of the best here for this as uk tends to have more school uniforms than most countries. However I feel it is a fair offer. After all, athough not as good, picked up schooluniform.org.uk today for a fiver. Think of the percentage profit you will make & make the sale. I wish you luck. Cheers, Guy
Nb: should really be in appraisal bit!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input, still undecided though :)

Need to make a decision by the end of the week, any higher offers will be considered until then.

Cheers

Paul

I could be wrong, but if you push beyond their financial limits, they may have to consider alternative spellings ... :)

skooluniform (.com already gone)
skooluniforms
skoolstuff (.com already gone)

The .co.uk are still available for all 3 ... I didn't fancy jumping on your bandwagon :D

yoursifyouwant said:
I could be wrong, but if you push beyond their financial limits, they may have to consider alternative spellings ... :)

skooluniform (.com already gone)
skooluniforms
skoolstuff (.com already gone)

The .co.uk are still available for all 3 ... I didn't fancy jumping on your bandwagon :D

hahaha think you need to go back to skool :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom