Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Script language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm guessing most of you guys have a php based script, with a couple coded in C - all based on linux / apache...

Has anyone looked into creating a fast windows based script?

You think a php script would be faster than a compiled c++ program?

It's more than just the script. It's the core OS that gives linux its deserved lead. A highly configured php install and linux os will beat it every time imo.

Also from my research it seems like C++ is going to be faster than PHP 99% of the time. The closer to machine code the better.

Just saying that you can't look at it in isolation.

Low-level php functions are generally wrappers to compiled c+ executables, so yes c++ benchmarked against php 'should' be faster. But factoring in 'how' php is compiled and run, as well as the significantly better i/o and core functionality of linux for multi-threaded environments again 'should' make a difference.

There's a thousand-and-one ways to set things up. The bigger picture is more important.

Is anyone on here apart from the obvious using the epp to poll and register, or have nominet shelved it after testing?

Realistically it doesn't matter what it's coded in, the bottleneck will always be the DAC polling limit and the distance from Nominet. Most modern programming languages are capable of sending/recieving a TCP packet in 60ms (yes, even windoze) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom