Domain Manage

seasonal Local Searches Average

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by roydovaston, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roydovaston

roydovaston Active Member

I've just bought an EMD and checked it out before which says it gets an average of 880 local searches per month. The domain is Christmas gift related and all the searches for the particular item happen in mainly November & December.

Do you think that i can safely assume that the potential traffic i could get will amount to about 4,400 per month for November & December based on that the keyword is very rarely used throughout the rest of the year?

Sorry to hold back the domain but i haven't developed it yet so don't want to share that yet!

Thanks

Roy

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

I would imagine that is a reasonable assumption. I would guess 80% per cent of the potential traffic will be in period from 1 November to about 3rd week in December.

Stephen.

4. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

If you click the 'download' button while the results are showing, you can export them to CSV and see a month-by-month breakdown.

Based on a seasonable term I just tried out, 20% of volume was scattered between January and October, 30% in November and 50% in December (Stephen's estimate above was spot on for that term :)).

5. roydovaston

roydovaston Active Member

Thanks - just wanted confirmation that my idea was a good one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.