Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Securing web-software to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a few custom web-scripts that I'm using (php, templates and mysql databases) and the usefulness and time I put into them makes me think I can sell the scripts.

I wondered if anyone has done this and how to handle it.

My main concern is people just copying the software and how do I distribute/sell it? What ways are their to issue licence codes? How can I stop the software from working if the incorrect licence code is used? or if it's being used twice?

I know that finding a bullet-proof way is going to be impossible (if adobe can't secure photoshop how can I secure my web-directory-geo-portal script ??

But maybe someone's done something similar and can share some info or point me to some resources.

Many thanks

You could ionCube it, and have it 'call home' when invoked. Don't store any serial numbers or licence codes as strings. That's a start. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips - I have a start now (hoping it's not too tough :( )

I have used phpaudit which has become SPBAS which was quite effective for the management side and ion for encoding it.

If you want it encoding with ion drop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom