Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo "Buy Now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with using the buy now button for a .co.uk domain name on Sedo?

There is a name listed for a couple of hundred pounds. I tried to haggle directly a bit with the seller to save him fees and get a better deal, but hes playing hard ball and trying to squeeze me.

I am tempted to just hit the buy it now button on Sedo.

Is it easy for him to back out of the buy now sale? Will my money be tied up with Sedo if he backs out?

So within an hour the seller has simply had sedo cancel the transaction and refund me.

So much for Sedos "Buy Now"

Load of rubbish.

No surprise with inept Sedo! I'd imagine the seller is able to continue selling too, and probably doesn't even have to revise their buy it now price!

I am sure I will probably have to wait a few weeks for the refund aswell.

True, but still amazing how easy it is to just cancel and walk away from the sale within an hour and have no repercussions to your account.

Any theories about why people list domain names with Buy It Now prices when they don't apparently want to sell the domain name at the listed price, or is it anybody's guess? Are you certain that the customer listing the sale is actually the domain name registrant? Sometimes, as I am sure you know, it ends up not being.

(from iPhone)

I'm not 100% certain as I only have co.uk's for sale but I think the buy it now at Sedo does actually work as a click this button and you have bought it with other TLD's. But with the requirement to use Nominet for the transfer that can't happen with .uk's.

Personally I'd always been a bit wary of setting up buy it now on Sedo as wasn't sure what happened if I had previously sold it and not updated Sedo. Seems like I was worrying necessarily.

Can anyone confirm how other TLD's work?

It was him who listed it with the buy now, as his contact name and details came up when the domain name was sold.

In my opinion he probably listed it a couple of years ago and forgot about it. If I were the seller I would have honoured the sale.

I'm not 100% certain as I only have co.uk's for sale but I think the buy it now at Sedo does actually work as a click this button and you have bought it with other TLD's. But with the requirement to use Nominet for the transfer that can't happen with .uk's.

Personally I'd always been a bit wary of setting up buy it now on Sedo as wasn't sure what happened if I had previously sold it and not updated Sedo. Seems like I was worrying necessarily.

Can anyone confirm how other TLD's work?

There are different options for TLD's if you list it as part of SedoMLS network so it appears in the premium sections on the big registrars sedo partner with you have to give the registrar / sedo permission to automatically process the transfer on completion of payment.

If its not an mls sale it just works the same as co.uk and you could technically back out

I read somewhere that if anyone clicks to buy a domain on Sedo, and for whatever reason you don't honour it, maybe you sold it off Sedo and forgot to remove it for example, Sedo will still ask you to pay the commission they would have received on the sale.

That's why I do regular housekeeping and with any names I drop or sell, I remove them from Sedo straight away prior to the drop or sale.

There are different options for TLD's if you list it as part of SedoMLS network so it appears in the premium sections on the big registrars sedo partner with you have to give the registrar / sedo permission to automatically process the transfer on completion of payment.

If its not an mls sale it just works the same as co.uk and you could technically back out

Thanks for clearing that up, knew I'd read something....

Is it just my perception or has there been more non paying buyers on DL too of late?

(from iPhone)

I've had one auction on DL this year and one non payer, so that 100% for me !

I noticed Dale appears to have been the latest victim of such unfortunate dealings and I'd read reports of others in recent times. All the same person or multiple different?

(from iPhone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom