Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Parking Problem Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone else noticed a problem today. Revenue way down and checked a few of our domains and they are producing an error message :confused: .

Sedo pages still down - It appears it is a problem with domains that have url forwarding. It appears its a sedo problem as it is happening on domains we hold with different registrars. Any others experiencing this?

yes,but noticed that although I point to sedo.co.uk/parking..just tried and sign came uo unable to connect to www1.sedoparking.com..strange?

Hi Admin

I emailed Jakob a few hours ago but assume he had already left for weekend. I also sent an email to Jay and Matt at sedo a couple of hours ago as I assume they're in the US and still there. Looks like it might be Monday before this is sorted :(

Just noticed this on the sedo.co.uk website. This is the url forwarding address they are giving out for UK domainers now:

METHOD 2: URL FORWARDING
If your registrar allows you to forward your domain to a URL, forward to:

http://www.sedoparking.com/domain.com (where “domain.com” is replaced by your domain name)

I'm hoping that it is just a temporary glitch on the previous .co.uk url forwarding address and that they haven't changed it permanently. There are going to be a lot of uk domainers with blank pages from tonight!

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay. I am looking into this right now and will get back to you as soon as possible. I am checking email now and am also available here.

Jakob

zee said:
yes,but noticed that although I point to sedo.co.uk/parking..just tried and sign came uo unable to connect to www1.sedoparking.com..strange?

Hi Zee,

For that one, please make sure that there is no "1" after the www. It should just be:

http://www.sedoparking.com/domain.com (where “domain.com” is replaced by your domain name)

Also, our other instructions can be found here. Typically we advise that users change the DNS settings rather than use the redirect. Though both perform relatively the same (perhaps a millisecond difference), with the DNS change the onus is on our servers to perform.

http://www.sedo.co.uk/services/parkingsteps.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

I am currently checking your accounts to see if there has been any down time and if some domains are not resolving. If anyone is on right now, please let me know if your domains are not resolving.

Thanks,

Jakob

Hi Jakob

Many thanks for looking into this on a Saturday. We've just changed our top 60 or so names to the newly published url forwarding address to limit the damage, but really need the old .co.uk forwarding address to be restored as we'll be here to Christmas trying to do the rest of our portfolio. Await your advices.

Thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel and all,

Thanks for getting back. I was just one the phone with the parking-tech team and they are looking into it.

Note: for all domains using the www.1 redirect, it would appear that they are not loading. If possible I would advise changing the DNS for your domains if you have the bulk nameserver change function at your registrars. This way we can ensure that you do not experience any more downtime for the time being.

Please let me know if you have questions and I will keep you updated when I hear anything.

Jakob

Hi Jakob

Unfortunately I don't think ukreg operate a bulk nameserver change function so this is not an option for us. Await to hear what your tech team can do.

Thanks

Nigel

I do not understand where the www1 part came from? domains point http://www.sedo....., the www1 is on your side ? or am I missing something,i'm confused enough just now.

Your right zee - the 1 is from sedo. Take the 1 away and the pages load up fine. Hopefully that's what their tech team are working on right now

Looks like everythings back up and running. Thanks guys

maybe I should have told them yesterday and avoid a days loss of revenue, also saved them a wage bill looking for fault, sometimes fingers are too quick on keyboard for the eye to see, very easy to flick '1'.

Hi Jakob,

I sent you email yesterday. Did you have time to look at it? Additionally, is SEDO going to compensate the loss?

TurNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts