Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo sales and transfers

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a new one, sold a domain on Sedo, owner transferred it today then I get this from Sedo:

"We have sent a request to the buyer to confirm within the next 5 days if the transfer as well as the owner change have been completed correctly, and if they have full control of the domain.
If we don't receive a reply from the buyer within 5 days, we will be able to close the transaction and release your payment. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. "

I mean seriously is this how its going to be now.

The last time I sold on Sedo it took over a week to receive payment once I had transferred the domain, and that was with me chasing.

Good luck!

Another message from Sedo:

"The whois does not display information that would match buyer's details. We will release the funds either within 5 days or when the buyer confirms.
This is our procedure."

It wont if they hide behind privacy ffs = Head=Wall

If the buyer doesn't respond after 5 days they will raise a credit note and the payment takes a couple of days after that.

It is very amateurish, especially if you are used to dealing with dan.com.

This was my timeline:

This transaction has been closed.
Oct 15 - Payment took place
Oct 14 - Credit note created
Oct 14 - Transfer completely finished
Oct 08 - Request sent to buyer to confirm if transfer is complete
Oct 07 - Info sent to buyer that the transfer has started
Oct 07 - Initiate the domain transfer to the buyer
Oct 07 - Payment received

Oct 06 - Payment request created for buyer

I also had to send 3 or 4 messages to speed things up.

They've been doing that for a while, my last 2 sales on Sedo were in 2021.

One took 2 days from start to payment being sent, the other one took from Apr 17th - May 4th.

yeah lesson learnt. I hadn't used them for years and thought I would like them another try but after this i will not be using them again.

I am in the process of setting up my own site/landers so I can just get rid of the portfolio without paying silly fees or delay times.

yeah lesson learnt. I hadn't used them for years and thought I would like them another try but after this i will not be using them again.

I am in the process of setting up my own site/landers so I can just get rid of the portfolio without paying silly fees or delay times.
It's worth doing just difficult when you have xxxx of domains plus SSL etc is a pain.

The biggest uplift in sales is when you have a payment gateway, inline chat and marketing so people feel safe on a platform

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom