Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo tagging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I sold a domain a few days ago on Sedo - buyer accepted transfer yesterday.

As I always do I copied the Nominet transfer confirmation email to Sedo and informed them that the Whois has now changed to the new owner.

Usually at this point they are quite quick to issue a credit note. On this occasion however they have updated the status saying that they have "asked the buyer to change the register tag" (the domain is still tagged to DAILY which is the registrar I used).

It doesn't make sense to me that they can consider a transfer still to be incomplete when a full legal Nominet transfer has already taken place. I messaged them to this effect and got the following reply

The buyer has either to change the TAG or to let us know if he will use the same registrar so you can than push the domain from your account to his account. In case you have the option to detag the domain, you can do this as well and the transfer can be finished.

How should I respond to this? Is it appropriate that Sedo are even asking this?

Had the same with last sale, ultimately think they want the buyer to confirm that they have full control of the domain before releasing payment.

Daily asked me to do the internal transfer, then took another week due to technical issues their end.

I'd email the buyer to ask for their Daily account to push it to.

Had the same with last sale, ultimately think they want the buyer to confirm that they have full control of the domain before releasing payment.

Daily asked me to do the internal transfer, then took another week due to technical issues their end.

I'd email the buyer to ask for their Daily account to push it to.

Thanks Matty, the buyer is a property company and has not been responding to messages. Sedo have now confirmed they will release the funds if the buyer doesn't change the tag within one more day.

As they should, although Sedo should know that unless the buyer does another ownership transfer, they cant change the tag until domain is transferred into their Daily account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom