Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Self managed tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've just applied for a second self-managed tag to handle my company's own domain portfolio.

It occurs to me that for the first time, these tags will give Nominet the chance to gain a really good understanding of how large (or not) domainer activity is as part of the whole registry.

Is anyone put off the self managed tag on the basis of potential future treatment?

I've just applied for a second self-managed tag to handle my company's own domain portfolio.

It occurs to me that for the first time, these tags will give Nominet the chance to gain a really good understanding of how large (or not) domainer activity is as part of the whole registry.

Is anyone put off the self managed tag on the basis of potential future treatment?

My understanding is you can only have one self-managed TAG.

You could move your company domains to your existing Self-Managed TAG though as they are related to you.

And Nominet already knew what TAGs were used by domainers :)

Sorry, I meant "my second tag, a self-managed one". Our existing tag needs to stay a channel partner one.

Still haven't been approved for self-managed TAG status - get the impression there is a fair backlog now. Anybody here been approved and if so, how long did it take?

Thanks
Stephen.

Still haven't been approved for self-managed TAG status - get the impression there is a fair backlog now. Anybody here been approved and if so, how long did it take?

Thanks
Stephen.

I was approved 24 hours or so after applying mate, applied 18th March. When you did apply?

I was approved 24 hours or so after applying mate, applied 18th March. When you did apply?

It was 21st - because of a bug in the system which didn't allow me to complete my application on the first day.

Stephen.

By the way when I asked Nominet, they deny anybody got approved within 24 hours.

Stephen.

I applied early on the 18th was accepted late on the 19th so technically it was a little over 24 hours but still next working day.

Thanks
Stephen.

I am still waiting, same time as you.

Anybody get approved today - still nothing here and my contact didn't answer my chasing email from this morning.

Stephen.

Anybody get approved today - still nothing here and my contact didn't answer my chasing email from this morning.

Stephen.

Yes i did once i prompted them this afternoon all done and first free transfer done :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now had an email. Annoyingly quite a few people I sold domains to kept their domains on my TAG. I now have about 30 contacts to get removed - I did make a start on this last week however most don't have a clue about domain names so explaining to them what to do is a nightmare. Also a few domains I have looked after for close friends and organisations I belong to and I may have to get those cleared off my TAG too.

Stephen.

Now had an email. Annoyingly quite a few people I sold domains to kept their domains on my TAG. I now have about 30 contacts to get removed - I did make a start on this last week however most don't have a clue about domain names so explaining to them what to do is a nightmare. Also a few domains I have looked after for close friends and organisations I belong to and I may have to get those cleared off my TAG too.

Stephen.

Just apply for a second TAG makes things a whole lot easier mate. I have one self managed and one I'm leaving as channel partner so I can look after the few domains I have for friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom