Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SEO Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know this is a bit of a long shot as people dont normally like sharing "their techniques" but i thought id ask any way.

Ive not done nothing SEO wise for a long time now, and wanting to try and rank an affiliate site.

What SEO techniques are working for you these days?

Does anyone use services on BHW? if so would you mind sharing who you use?

Cheers

One thing I will say is there are no short cuts. I do SEO for a few clients and from my experience most things that prove beneficial are time consuming.

Quality content, Good coding, Social Media, Link Building.

Varied link profile
Great content
Social media presence
Regular updates
No short cuts

I'd add making sure your onsite stuff is all in order too. Titles, meta descriptions, alt tags, internal linking. All easy wins but something that Google seems to be paying a lot more attention to.

Article submission, Blog Submission, Blog commenting, Press release etc

The ironic thing is this does still work!!! :D

To an extent maybe, but it is risky and goes against what Google actually tells you to do. I wouldn't recommend it as a strategy.

This reminds me of an old post about a new site SEO checklist, a bit dated, but mostly relevent: http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/seo-search-engine-optimisation/99114-new-site-checklist.html

Best SEO results I've seen have come from relevance, authority and hard work. Newspaper editorials are great, and from that perspective a proper press release may work for you (although there are usually better ways to get news published than a PR) - simply submitting Press Releases to submission sites doesn't work anymore. Most are noindex/nofollow and most never get read by anything, including Google.

Last edited:
The ironic thing is this does still work!!! :D

Playing with fire that. Only sensible for sites you're happy to churn and burn - and then there's probably more effective blackhat ways of achieving the same thing.

I agree. The point I am trying to make is that unfortunately while everyone is doing the "right thing" based on what Google tells you to do, many sites are dominating Google year upon year with bad PBN links etc.

I would never recommend people use those kind of techniques for long term projects/businesses as I am always of the opinion that it is only a matter of time until you get "caught out", but that doesn’t stop the frustration people have to endure when they see these kinds of sites not only outrank them, but stay there!

Wouldn't take much notice, all posts by this particular member so far point towards an expected "I can offer x service or another"

I posted here a while back looking for some seo help on a few projects. Some came out with all sorts of retarded shite. I was tempted to post some quotes and 'SEO Methods' given but that is unfair really - Jesus I'm no seo guru.

Q: What's the difference between President Clinton and O.J. Simpson?
A: It only took 12 jerks to get O.J. off.

Anyway, I'm going to drop some gold dust now but you won't take any notice I know.

About 6 months ago as an experiment I moved some sites over to a custom spa architecture using angular framework + .net mvc. g seems to like chomping these bad boys down quicker than your Joomla and WP and hence a small boost reward which could be the difference. Not all domains are equal and websites neither.

About 6 months ago as an experiment I moved some sites over to a custom spa architecture using angular framework + .net mvc. g seems to like chomping these bad boys down quicker than your Joomla and WP and hence a small boost reward which could be the difference. Not all domains are equal and websites neither.

How much content? Was it crawlable, how did 'fetch as google' handle it?

I write fresh and unique articles, blogs, press release. I use paid press release. Blog commenting helps me to get quality backlinks.

Re

No point submitting crappy press releases, if you actually create something newsworthy the natural backlinks will be more beneficial from the media coverage gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom