Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sept Sedo "Great" Domains auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sorry for yet another gripe but Ive just had 2 domains knocked back for this auction and my faith in Sedo has finally gone!

- BetOnline.co.uk (Quality requirements not met)
- Pisces.co.uk (Quality requirements not met)

Yet retroplug .com, stillhippies .com and deepfrozencake .com are accepted.
Am I missing something or is the Deep Frozen Cake market massive but yet to reach this side of the Atlantic?

Does anyone here actually bother submitting to this auction?

Last edited:
crazy aren't they

If anyone on this forum had registered these:
retroplug .com, stillhippies .com and deepfrozencake .com..

in .co.uk format and asked for an appraisal they would probaly have been told reg fee at best.
People have said in the past no to Geo domains on Sedo which is a fair argument but given that millions bet online and 1/12th of the population are Pisces I find it a little confusing.

Sedo comment welcome...

I'm baffled as to why anyone is surprised by this ? Sedo are about as fit for purpose as a chocolate fireguard.

Sedo are about as fit for purpose as a chocolate fireguard.

You havnt seen this then :)

I just wish Sedo would actually state if their interested in promoting .co.uk or just want .com etc. It would save everyones time.

Sorry for yet another gripe but Ive just had 2 domains knocked back for this auction and my faith in Sedo has finally gone!

- BetOnline.co.uk (Quality requirements not met)
- Pisces.co.uk (Quality requirements not met)

Yet retroplug .com, stillhippies .com and deepfrozencake .com are accepted.
Am I missing something or is the Deep Frozen Cake market massive but yet to reach this side of the Atlantic?

Does anyone here actually bother submitting to this auction?

I think they employ a lucky dip system as to what names get accepted. Cheaper than staff who know what they are doing.

Those yorkshire folk, give it to the scots and they'll dip it in batter and prove you can not only fill it with tea but deep fry it :p

You havnt seen this then :)

I just wish Sedo would actually state if their interested in promoting .co.uk or just want .com etc. It would save everyones time.

Why worry do you think they have exclusive buyers ? If you touted them on 3 -5 forums you’d have exposure to all that would buy on sedo and more ? but pay no commission if they sold why even bother submitting them :)

Well BetOnline.co.uk not being accepted is pretty crazy, but to be fair I think you've had pisces.co.uk in the last few Sedo GD auctions and it hasn't sold so maybe Sedo have just lost faith in that particular domain? :\

Well BetOnline.co.uk not being accepted is pretty crazy, but to be fair I think you've had pisces.co.uk in the last few Sedo GD auctions and it hasn't sold so maybe Sedo have just lost faith in that particular domain? :\

Pisces has only been in one auction, this one and reached £87!
I'm not submitting any more as they are clearly concentrating on gtld and .de.

Status
Not open for further replies.