Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

sex.co.uk & Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess - and it is just a guess - perhaps Sedo did a deal to conceal the previous owner (a bit like Whois privacy for .co.uk) while private-brokering the name i.e. there may be a contract behind the domain that states that the real owner owns it but Sedo "owns" it as their proxy until it is sold.

That's the only reason I can think of for Sedo's own Whois data to appear.

I remember the previous registrant being an Ltd in a jurisdiction where by law no company accounts or directorships needed to be filed (we were never going find out who the actual owner was) which makes this whois change all the more intriguing as Sedo normally excels at publicising big transactions but I don't recall reading anything about this 'sale', which is odd.

Edwin, I think you're probably right.

The stated registrant 'Ltd Co. A' was registered 10 January 1997, but dissolved on 9 June 2006. Yet, certainly as of August 2007, Nominet's whois still stated 'Ltd Co. A' as the registrant, but by then the whois said that the registrant was 'Ltd Co. A', trading as 'Ltd Co B'., c/o 'Ltd Co C'.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but has anyone visited sex.co.uk recently? What's that all about then, it's been pointing there for a while now???

Grant

wow, what a waste. Unless they are paying loads leasing it!

Sorry for bumping an old thread but has anyone visited sex.co.uk recently? What's that all about then, it's been pointing there for a while now???

Grant

You know there are other websites you can visit if you want that kind of material Grant ;)

On a serious note though, that is an incredible waste of traffic. This is another example of not parking domains for fear of reverse high jacking maybe?

Rich :cool:

This now appears to have changed hands and is no longer reg'd to Sedo. I hope the parking page is temporary and they're actually going to make use of it!

Grant

Gregory Dumas was the original owner, not sure why Sedo was in the whois for a while.

Gregory Dumas was the original owner, not sure why Sedo was in the whois for a while.

Ah, I suspected he may have been but didn't have the old whois data to check. Still curious why, when it was 'owned' by sedo it was pointing to mopeds.co.uk !!??!!

Grant

Interesting isn't it. I notice it points to the same site as sex.com now.

P.

I spoke to Greg after the Domain Focus auction, in which it failed to sell. He owned it then... and I believe had owned it for a few years at that point.

^

Registrant: Maplethorpe Ltd

Registrant: Maplethorpe Ltd
Trading as: Caledonia Ltd
Address: c/o ************, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Maplethorpe Ltd were Dissolved 9th June 2006

Last edited:
The nameservers on sex.co.uk are netplaymedia.net

Domain Name: NETPLAYMEDIA.NET

Registrant [863410]:
Caladonia Ltd.
Ballsbridge
Dublin
Dublin 4
IE

The Dublin connection was what made me suspect it had gone back to the previous owner.

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom