Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Should I wait 60 days befor selling new .co.uk domain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

Should I have wait 60 days before selling new .co.uk domain ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Should I have wait 60 days before selling new .co.uk domain ?

Thanks.

No there are no locks on co.uk domains they can be transferred immediately

Some registrars do lock all domains in for 60 days after registration, most however will process the transfer if you submit a ticket or go on live support.

Some registrars do lock all domains in for 60 days after registration, most however will process the transfer if you submit a ticket or go on live support.

With uk domains you can log in a nominet and transfer owners of a name at any time no mater what the what lock the American registrar says is on it

With uk domains you can log in a nominet and transfer owners of a name at any time no mater what the what lock the American registrar says is on it

I know that , but most of the non-domaining world doesnt. Often its easier to do an instant push for free within the same registrar rather than one person paying £12 for the privilege of nominet doing the same thing.

Not everyone is a nominet member and gets free transfers.

I know that , but most of the non-domaining world doesnt. Often its easier to do an instant push for free within the same registrar rather than one person paying £12 for the privilege of nominet doing the same thing.

Not everyone is a nominet member and gets free transfers.

you don't have to be Nominet member to transfer domain to you , Just put the buyer email then confirm and Nominet will deal with this simply.

you don't have to be Nominet member to transfer domain to you , Just put the buyer email and Nominet will deal wit this simply.

I never said that was the case, please read the reply.

I said that some nominet members get "free" transfers. If the seller is one of those who can give free transfers then thats fine, if however neither party has the ability to do free transfers via Nominet then they need to pay £12.

Which is where a free push via the registrar is often the better deal.

I never said that was the case, please read the reply.

I said that some nominet members get "free" transfers. If the seller is one of those who can give free transfers then thats fine, if however neither party has the ability to do free transfers via Nominet then they need to pay £12.

Which is where a free push via the registrar is often the better deal.

A "free push" via a Registrar does not transfer registration of a .uk domain name.

A "free push" via a Registrar does not transfer registration of a .uk domain name.

Your absolutely correct, Just tested it with namecheap pushing between 2 accounts and it doesnt change the contact details.

On registrars which allow the change of details it could in work in theory, like 123-reg which allow the change of the domain email ( which would the put the domain in the new owners nominet account ) and physical address. ( dont think they allow name change though )

Not sure how many registrars allow change of details for UK domains though ?

Your absolutely correct, Just tested it with namecheap pushing between 2 accounts and it doesnt change the contact details.

On registrars which allow the change of details it could in work in theory, like 123-reg which allow the change of the domain email ( which would the put the domain in the new owners nominet account ) and physical address. ( dont think they allow name change though )

Not sure how many registrars allow change of details for UK domains though ?

Godaddy did I posted about a while back somebody pointed out it was against nominets terms and conditions to transfer in such a way. which may or may not make it legally binding.
If you don't have a TAG then best to just pay the 12 quid if its anything valuable save headaches down the line.
The fee at nominet should be abolished though any costs in running the transfer system if there are even any taken from the huge the surplus nominet have each year.

Waiting 60 days isn't an issue. Finding a buyer within 60 days is.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom