Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SMSaPROPERTY.com

Discussion in 'Other Domain Names' started by lex007, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lex007

lex007 Active Member

Hi all,

The domain name smsaproperty.com is for sale...with the recent news that sms.co.uk is going to 'raise the roof' in the sales stakes.

smsaproperty.com

Serious enquiries from £10,000/What do YOU think it's worth...don't be shy!!

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. rob

rob Founding Member

"What do YOU think it's worth"

£10

3. lex007

lex007 Active Member

Are you sure there's no '0' missing?

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

You mean £0.10 ?

5. rob

rob Founding Member

smsaferret4.me.uk is better and free for a fiver...

With the future market of mobile phones for animals it could be worth millions, just think how many animals there are out there!

Have you sold a domain for over £1k?

6. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I ran an sms business a while back, bought 200 domains, including www.smstextmessages.com & .co.uk and www.texted.com and .co.uk.

Have I sold them in two years? Erm NOPE!

Keep it in your pants Lex!!!!

7. lex007

lex007 Active Member

er...no actually!

8. lex007

lex007 Active Member

wasn't texted.com .net etc... on sale at sedo a while ago??

9. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Edwin / Rob - I think Lex is looking for people to windup. :grin:

Lex - Edwin has a really good knowledge of co.uk domains and I would certainly agree with his valuation of 0.10p ?

Infact i will out bid edwin and place a bid of 0.11p :razz:

10. SF

SF Well-Known Member

11. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Um no, I think he's serious as he really owns the domains he keeps posting about...

12. lex007

lex007 Active Member

On a serious note...a lot of property companies are sending text/sms to customers' phones! This is pretty spot on if that's your business!!

There's FindaProperty.com that should help the value?!?

13. lex007

lex007 Active Member

take £1000 for it!

14. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

lex
    Are you trying to wind people up?
    Its in your interest to research the market. If you were buying a house you wouldn't randomly pick anything from the whole country would you? Looking for a good investment or somewhere to live involves looking at different attributes and this is exactly the same as domain market.

house vs domains
    Pick an area you know = pick a domain in an area you know something about helps with selling

pick a street or area that would be a good investment = .co.uk or .coms risky picking .orgs or .com.uk etc

find a good clean build = one or two words describing the target market.

Research prices = see what people paid or have for sale which are similar.

like an investment process you don’t want to be throwing money away - your long term success is linked to how clever your choices are. Learn from others - you're not a pioneer see what others have brought and failed to sell, see if you can learn why and let this knowledge influence your decisions.

By continually posting domains that are the types we all learnt a long time wont sell you're just alienating the people who could help. Everyone here is willing to advise but if you keep posting rubbish you're just going to end up being ignored and you money in 2 yrs will be worthless.

15. lex007

lex007 Active Member

okey dokey...I'm just throwing pebbles in the lake at the moment!

16. lex007

lex007 Active Member

Would appreciate some genuine advice though...There needs to be a PUBLICATION - MAGAZINE that is distribited around the UK in a major shop e.g W H Smith that lists;

Domains for sale
    Websites
    Reviews
    This weeks sales etc...

If some interest is stirred up in the masses, prices will rise AND then my prices won,t be so silly. People don't know the real value. Dealers dealing between themselves is what is depressing the market! Can't you see that.

17. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

No, it's people trying to sell junk that's depressing the market. Too much noise for the real gems to shine out.

If you only had the 10,000 top .co.uk domains on sale at any time (on eBay, Sedo, Afternic etc.) I'd bet average sales prices would be an order of magnitude higher. But after a potential buyer has waded through 20 pages of absolute dross, it's almost impossible to persuade them to open their wallet that wide.

Exactly which domains would be in the top 10,000 is a SEPARATE argument.

18. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

i think sedo has done the market a favour here - with a big advertising budget and a fairly high market penetration (no offence ND :) ) its made a well know single point of sale for domain names. With the traffic figures and previous bids as a rough guide the really crap names are fairly obvious and the ones that might be worth something stand out.

Although the best names might not be available it has made the market more accessible to the general public and they are a lot more aware of what is available. This in turn gives them more confidence to deal and negotiate and there increase the general demand if not the overall value?

i agree that un contactable dealers sitting on domains as an investment may have some effect but in the long run there are always other combinations that are available, edwin is right that junk names flooding the market are what really catches the unknowing buyer out and then this in turn frightens other potential buyers off - depresssing the market. ebay sales beware - no offence anyone who sells on ebay.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  19. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Reading that has just had me in stitches :grin: :grin: :grin: Well done!

20. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Lex I think the fact that Texted.com has been on the market for 2 years with no offers (just one interest) demonstrates how crud it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.