Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SMT transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, bit of a brain freeze. Just requesting confirmation here before I contact Nominet.

Have 2 tags, one my primary business tag and registrar account set as normal accredited status. The other has all my portfolio domains on it so I went through the process of changing it to a self-managed tag.

I thought transfers from the self-managed tags were free? It's asking me for the normal £12 payment.

Strange.

Are you using web domain manager/manage domains/ then selecting the domain(s) and clicking transfer at the top?

Ah, right.

It's a bit more convoluted than I'd hoped for. Though I'd just be able to go through the normal transfer process and bypass the payment bit.

Going to need either an existing account for the new registrant or shit loads of details to set up a new one by the look of it.

Bit of a croc

Last edited:
Ah, right.

It's a bit more convoluted than I'd hoped for. Though I'd just be able to go through the normal transfer process and bypass the payment bit.

Going to need either an existing account for the new registrant or shit loads of details to set up a new one by the look of it.

Bit of a croc

Its a pain in the ass one slight difference in the way you enter the buyers whois details rd instead of road etc. and nominet end up validating the contact again wasting there time as well as ours.

I don't know why they don't just turn off the pricing option on the old transfer system would save them and us a whole bunch of time

Last edited:
Forshame, forshame Dave. You should have automated the transfer process. I assume you can automate it ? Slacker :p

On a serious note, Nominet doesn't store client details unless you have an existing name on your tag, an automation script for regular clients (if possible) should be high on the programming list :)

Forshame, forshame Dave. You should have automated the transfer process. I assume you can automate it ? Slacker :p

On a serious note, Nominet doesn't store client details unless you have an existing name on your tag, an automation script for regular clients (if possible) should be high on the programming list :)

I'm actually going to put some time aside this weekend to write a form that captures details and can accept payment for a domain then once verified does the transfer automatically. It will also generate an invoice and email to them.

Anyone else interested in a script like this? Auto-pilot selling your domains? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom