Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

socialprofile and socialprofiles.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thought I would list this pair on here for debate, seeing as there is alot of comments on the social network thread :) and have had 1 or 2 tyre kickers late last year on the plural.

The original idea was to create a website where individuals could have one profile page, which had links to their other social media pages - facebook / twitter / linkedin etc so therefore easy to connect and find people who wanted to be found

Just an idea and would be curious on peoples thoughts and also value too

Thought I would list this pair on here for debate, seeing as there is alot of comments on the social network thread :) and have had 1 or 2 tyre kickers late last year on the plural.

The original idea was to create a website where individuals could have one profile page, which had links to their other social media pages - facebook / twitter / linkedin etc so therefore easy to connect and find people who wanted to be found

Frank, going by the estimated value of the SocialNetwork domain, I think these will easily reach 5 figures :) No seriously, I dont see much value in these domains personally.

There's friendfeed.com and lifestream.fm, but to be honest both of those have quite a lot of room for improvement. With better accuracy and nice styling it could be done, but it's quite competitive I imagine.

domainseller200 said:

If you was able to put the idea together, create the concept and it seriously took off in the UK you could probably name your price

In terms of value on their own - prob best suited to someone with a similar concept or idea and if such a generic is desired for the concept could fetch a nice price.....got to find them first :)

If you was able to put the idea together, create the concept and it seriously took off in the UK you could probably name your price

In terms of value on their own - prob best suited to someone with a similar concept or idea and if such a generic is desired for the concept could fetch a nice price.....got to find them first :)

Most of the popular social sites i have seen tend to use brandable domains rather than generics.

I've gotta admit, I'd not hand reg either of the names. Doesn't mean that they're not worth regging, but I don't see any value myself...

think http://www.about.me does something v. similar to this, but also allows you to have analytics on your page. I think for something like this it needs to be a memorable short name, i think socialprofiles is a bit too long to be honest.

Still sure you'll get a decent price for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts