Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Spamming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF

Reaction score
Hi ND

I keep getting bombarded with spam from your system,

Name: Travis Crane
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 000-000-0000
IP: 122.161.45.132
Comment: Search Engine Optimization

We would like to get your website on first page of Google.

All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that will not get your website banned or penalized.

Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.

Please contact us if you want to consult a domain expert on the potential sale.
We wish you all the best with the sale!

Best regards,

Your NameDrive team

Apparently it has nothing to do with Namedrive: IP address belongs to the broadband provider in India and spammer hides beyond anonymous e-mail.
"Your Namedrive team" is a pathetic attempt to make it look little more legit I guess.

Hi guys,

The mail is from ND but the message is what the spammer put in his comments. DB, please can you confirm when you received this? As we have had a Captcha up on offer pages since a couple of days ago with a view to stopping this guy.
They have a lot of IPs, so we can't just block the IP, sadly. DB, if you received it within the last 48 hours, please can you PM me the domain so I can look into it?

Thanks.

Ed

sorted......................

Last edited:
Ah, this is spam via NameDrive's contact form... that's why it looks like it's been sent from them.

ok cheers denys - i suppose namedrive wont be able to stop these, had 10 in 15 mins all the same, the thing is its a crap name not sure even why i regged it..

I have been getting the same spam (word for word) on alot of my pages as well - so not just a namedrive issue.

oh right wierd just get mine through nd..

Your not alone mate, i just forward them to James when ever they come in.

Domain: telfordmortgages.co.uk
Offer: GBP 12
Name: Jacob Abel
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (310) 836-4567
IP: 122.173.255.186
Comment: Do you wish you could increase your online leads? Getting a GUARANTEED 1ST PAGE GOOGLE RANKING is easier and more cost-effective than you might think. We have helped a lot of businesses thrive in this market and we can help you! Simply hit reply and I’ll share with you the cost and the benefits. See you at the top!

Please contact us if you want to consult a domain expert on the potential sale.
We wish you all the best with the sale!

Best regards,

Your NameDrive team

it's quite easy to stop, by using captchas, "1+0=?" questions and many other methods. as per Ed's post ND is already working on it :)

oh i am not alone then, they come in and i think wow atlast inbound, to find out ove been spammed :(

Hi DB,

Did it happen in the last couple of days? If it did, then it seems they would have got around the captcha as well, which would be irritating, so I'm hoping it's an older "offer".

Ed

Hi Ed,

Yeah they were 10 yesterday, dont worry mate.. just a bit dishartening when i think ive sold a name..

Thanks ed

Ach. Please could you PM me one of the names so I can see what's going on on the offer page?

Thanks!

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom