Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Still living in 2008..

I was never a supporter of Nominet's grand plan - and it caused a depression in the uk domain market for at least 6 years - but it's good to see some activity again and a chance for domainers to make up for the lost years.

• Agree
Reactions: BG
The market might already be running out of steam. watch.uk been sitting at the same low price for ages and some low prices at all places. Maybe it was a 'flourish'.

I think we are just seeing a lot of different tactics by bidders playing out, with auction Snipping being the order of the day. I have sold in the past LLLs on domainlore where the last bid was hours or even the day before. Even the latest LLL I have sold today at UKBackorder.com the last bid was just an hour before the auction closed.

Watching Glasgow.uk climb ever upwards but all last minute / overtime bidding.

JohnP

The market might already be running out of steam. watch.uk been sitting at the same low price for ages and some low prices at all places. Maybe it was a 'flourish'.

This is basically what I was talking about on another thread. Capital is coming from domainers/domain investors, so its a relatively closed pool. Next few weeks will be interesting in terms of price action.

you'll have to ask JMI - but among the sales that year cruises.co.uk sold for over $1m and PPC income was still strong (but had probably peaked) - so a heyday for domainers. Not sure we've returned to those halcyon days.

??? Sniping doesn't work as auctions auto-extend.

The reasoning for people last minute bidding isn't normally down to trying to snipe the domain as most of us know the rules on domainlore / ukbackorder etc.. In most cases its down to people trying to wear the other parties down e.g. Hoping they have a meeting to go to or maybe time isn't on their side - I've never been one for putting in my max bid 'straight off' the bat as it makes no sense to do so..

Yep, agreed, but in the context of JohnP post suggestion seemed to be that the bid was sniped to win.

I think everyones fed up of me talking about the brokenness of domain auctions :)

Edit: very interested to see whats going to happen when RobM implements his end time changes...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom