Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Still money in affiliates?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've been out the game for some time. This might seem curt but are people still making good money from affiliates or are the margins/volumes super small now. I guess FX was pretty big when I last looked ~5 years ago. What's hot right now? Everything seems to have gone mobile app.

What affiliate tactics are best currently?

Thanks so much for any thoughts/advice.

Best wishes,

Allan

Due to Google updates thin affiliate sites are harder to rank. I know people still make money from affiliate marketing but doubt it is what it used to be.

I'm guessing overall there's still a lot of money in it, but the big players will be taking a larger and larger share because they have the means to stay on top of all the changes in the market. The garage/spare bedroom webmaster types will be the ones most feeling the pinch.

It's never been "easy" to make money online (often it may look easy because the actual effort required is hidden and you're only seeing the results) But it's probably also true that today it's harder than ever.

That said, the opportunities are also more diverse. Ten years ago, who would have dared to predict the rise of Youtubers making 6- and even 7-figure incomes for example. And the underlying tools have never been cheaper (most are free!)

Hum thats a good point Edwin about influencers who seem to make a fortune via YouTube/Twitch etc. I also think you are right that the bigger affiliates are becoming some much more advanced, cross platform etc, that its keeping the bedroom jokeys out. Some of my biggest pals from back in the day seem to have completely moved on from SEO and into digital marketing, which is basically just marketing and branding, which as we all know costs a fortune. Even shoemoney seems to be moving away a little from his affilliate/arbitrage roots a little adn now talking more generally about making money online. Its never been easy to be fair.

Yup, very true.

the big players will be taking a larger and larger share because they have the means to stay on top of all the changes in the market. The garage/spare bedroom webmaster types will be the ones most feeling the pinch.

Lots more competition now and harder to SEO sites. With Google changes/udpates you can't throw up minisites and expect them to make bank. You have to build authority sites.

It's never been "easy" to make money online (often it may look easy because the actual effort required is hidden and you're only seeing the results) But it's probably also true that today it's harder than ever.

Overall few people make money from YT or social media.

Better to build your own sites. More work, but worth it.

There were people making a living from Vine. Twitter shutdown Vine... so what are they doing now? Where is all that video content? :)

That said, the opportunities are also more diverse. Ten years ago, who would have dared to predict the rise of Youtubers making 6- and even 7-figure incomes for example. And the underlying tools have never been cheaper (most are free!)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom